HEChicken

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I too, used one as a seed starting pot. The rest of my pots are made from newspaper and since I switched to using cloth for #1, we have far fewer TP rolls than we used to so I could only find one :( but it is working great so far. I expected it to hold up to being filled with damp soil because I've been using newspaper pots for years and they certainly do, but what I like better about the cardboard roll is that is a small diameter than my pots, so I can fit more in my trays. I will be saving them year round now so I'll have enough each year for spring planting.

RudeKittyLuvsTesla

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Neko-chan said:
Wannabefree said:
firestarters. We use a good bit of them for this.
Got a particular method to share? By fire starter, do you put flammable material inside and dip in wax, or use them for camping or whatever?
When my hubs and I make fire starters for camping, we use dryer lint, shreddables, his sawdust from woodworking, and parafin wax. I put lint and our paper from the shredder inside, then mix sawdust and melted wax. I then plug one end with a dollop of the wax and drizzle wax on the rest of it.

A favorite and easier method is egg carton starters. I use the same materials, but then fill over with parafin. You can then take the whole carton, or tear into how many cups you will need for your camping trip.

Latest posts