A must-see film!

BeccaOH

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Found the film listed on Amazon.com for $24.49. Releases in November 2009, but available for pre-order now.

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
:ya
Awesome film!

DH and I went and saw it last night...he was impressed that so much of what the movie covered, is what I have been talking about for the last couple years. It is nice to be vindicated...maybe that is the wrong word...it is nice to have some real backing in my loony-ness :)
I think he saw the (a little) light! :cool:

I recommend everyone see this film, it was really very well done and even left you with a positive can do message at the end.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
LOL

No!

I t was created and produced by Tom Naughton.

He is a low carb dieter and a comedian.

Javamama

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It has been selling out here. I can't wait to get the video because I don't do movie theaters. :p
I really need DH and kids to watch some of this stuff. Even though they agree with me about food and it's sources, they don't really "get" it.

kathyschix

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Just saw it this evening with 15 y.o. DS. Couldn't get DH to come along. Oh well. :rolleyes:

Awesome movie! :thumbsup

Regards,

Kathy

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
My daughter and I saw this today. It played at my little town's downtown theater. (Our town only has between 8-10,000 people, I was happy (and surprised) that it made it all the way to us!)

Monsanto is EVIL!!! :somad How can they get away with that? What are those stupid lobbyists and politicians eating?!! I would love to know if they eat the food produced by Monsanto!! I doubt it!

I had no idea our main source of farming produce comes from a company that invented and uses round up (WTF!) on the food it serves America. They must be in kahoots with the pharmaceutical industry. One company makes us sick and the other invents pills to make us "better" and the politicians get a bunch of money for it. :somad (I will never eat soy again!!)

Joel Salatin is awesome! (Now I know what a "killing cone" is!) Why can't there be more of him!!! :love

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Told ya so!

It was done very tastefully, too. You'll never be the same in the grocery store again. It really pushed me further into being ss....if that was possible!

I've had several former students excitedly tell me that stevia is now available in the grocery stores. One brought me the box. It is called Truvia, and is in a green and white box with a leaf motif.

I read the label. It is from Cargill and is sugar alcohol, made from.....CORN!! With some fairy dust stevia in it. I was amazed and saddened by the number of people it is fooling.

I have no problem with someone using sugar alchohols. Although they can be very irritating to the digestive tract, they are non-glycemic so very helpful to some people, and more nuetral tasting than stevia.

I do have a BIG problem with the deception, though.... :somad