A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Its been 2 weeks of only eating healthy food, mostly from the homestead. Ive lost like 8 lbs.

I wish i had planted a snickers tree and bought a Dr pepper cow!!

:gig:yuckyuck:lol:
I can so relate - only I need a Milky Way tree and a Mt. Dew cow!!

This site has some good ideas on rabbits: https://riseandshinerabbitry.com/2012/04/22/tips-for-raising-rabbits-in-the-heat/
I am looking for non-electric solutions, although the best would be to harvest the wild bunnies that populate my property. I counted 5 rabbits on my way out to the machine shed this morning. They go into the guiney hen shed to eat the scratch grains & all-flock.
- put cages in shady area (not doable fo rme, we only have 3 trees and they are in the front yard.
- ceramic tile for bunnies to lie on
- frozen 1 liter bottle of water wrapped in newspaper for them to snuggle up to
- soak bricks in cool water overnight, the bricks will evaporate the water and stay "cooler" most of the day

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
If i ever get around to moving the hutch and rebuilding the cages...im gonna try deep shade and frozen 2 liter bottles.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We got some heavy rain forcast all weekend and its already pooling up. Theres gonna be some flooding in Texoma land for sure. I hope the flood plan doesnt reach the house. It came a little too close for comfort last time

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
We got some heavy rain forcast all weekend and its already pooling up. Theres gonna be some flooding in Texoma land for sure. I hope the flood plan doesnt reach the house. It came a little too close for comfort last time
:fl it won't cause problems for you. Fill some feed sacks with sand any way, just in case!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It got really heavy and then settled down to a slow normal rain all night. Driving threw town was rough. The streets had a foot of water. But im sure its settled down now. Hopefully we are done with the torrential stuff

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We got 2 1/4" :weee:weee:weee:weee

I am so ready for fall. Tired of the heat. I have things to do and we can only work a half day, sometimes knock off at 11, sometimes we make it to 1.