A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
we even planted out the rabbit coral! it will have a small path to service the rabbits and the rest is gonna be mustard greens, beets, and the fence is lined in pole beans! :D

i know you didn't mean this to be funny, but, "service the rabbits" *holds my sides* :) thanks for the giggles. :)

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Stock up on jar lids and stuff you need for canning.

and don't be afraid to reuse the ones that are in good condition on high-acid foods you will be keeping for yourselves. we do this all the time and then sometimes even give the lids a few more uses in the freezer keeping things for us up there too before they finally go out in the recycle bins. waste-not want-not, but also be safe and know what's important. :) any time i do strawberry freezer jam or roasted red peppers i use the budget bulk lids as they are clean and in good condition, after those come off they're good for a lot of uses until they end up in the recyle.

the name brand lids we use for the most critical stuff that we are giving away or putting up expecting it to be a year or two before we eat them up. so far this all seems to be working and not many seals fail. last year the only seals that failed were those from the jars being dropped from about 5 feet. none broke, but it sprung all the seals. so i put them in the fridge and we ate them. :)

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
there are alot of people who are just now realizing ss might be a good idea. I've gotten a couple calls from folks I haven't seen in years. most of them are freaking out and wanting to start a garden. lol

I just kinda walk em threw what I know and refer them to youtube. glad I'm not starting today

Latest posts