A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
freaked out again when I heard about California. bought another months worth of feed and more seed potatoes. so i guess I'm gonna be looking for a place to plant them and some more carrots while I'm at it

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Corona Garden -- like Victory Gardens. :D

My jar & lid supplies are in good shape. Sure need to till though!! Garden needs to get going. Shame you aren't a neighbor, I could supply you with some great milk! My hens are giving me lots of eggs and I sell them. Don't eat many and they replenish me every day. They bought their own groceries this week. Stores are out of eggs often here now. My customers sure appreciate me more this month!

Beautiful day out -- from inside -- but winds are bad. Real bad. 25-30 and pretty steady. Couple of my does are close for kidding but hope they wait another week. Some rain first of week.

I'm thinking I'd like to disc a field or two this weekend, if winds diminish. Guess I need to see if I can get that attachment on the tractor. A tiller for it would be so, so, so, so....wonderful! KaChing! $$$ one day.

See -- we all have dreams. I've been at it for over 50 yrs.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
homestead news:

the sick doe had a miraculous recovery, or like usual I saw a symptom, googled it and jumped to worst possible conclusion. eitherway she's not making any noises breathing anymore and no nasal discharge. her bunnies are doing well

the white doe dropped a single kit 2 days ago (very early) for no reason. she made a very small nest today and had 4 more. as of today they are alive and well. although with this cold snap I took it upon myself to cover the nest box in pillow stuffing to keep them warm. probably going to try and get one more litter from her this year

I'm hopeful that ill find a place tomorrow for those seed potatoes and carrots. the place is a soggy mess, fingeres crossed.

the chicks are doing well. lost 2. they were the last to hatch and seemed a little weaker than the others. count is now 11. one more week and I'll reload the incubator.

the wife is stuck at home with all four kids and is attempting to educate them. she needs our prayers....and some wine. these kids are rotten

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
CR -- glad the doe is OK. Maybe she had sniffles from dust? allergies? At any rate, good news!

Strange the one kit then 4 more, days later. What?? Seems strange. Sounds like one kit is destined to be a troublemaker. :D

Ahhhh….homeschooling? Not my thing to do. Hope wife survives. Add chocolate next to that wine!! :lol: