A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
How's your wife holding up with kiddos at home? Happy Monday tomorrow! :smack 😁

I'm happy to talk homeschool anytime if y'all need some help or ideas.

she's doing ok. the kids can be taxing, especially when they are stir crazy.

we have the first confirmed case in our county. I'm tempted to call it and self quarantine

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
two cases confirmed in my town. I went to the Dr today. been coughing for a couple months and sinus issues. recently developed a sore throat and swollen tonsils. he asked me some questions, looked me over and then made the prognosis. he decided I have allergies and a case of tonsillitis? then he asked me bow my chest felt. then listened to me breath a few times and asked me how much I smoke a day.
then he ordered me 2 shots. one was a steroid, and the other was 2 antibiotics. then wrote a script for 2000 mg of amoxicillin a day for 10 days, 5 days of steroids, and allergy medication.

I like this dude. and I did tell him that I wanted to have zero health issues when I get corona virus. maybe he's just being thorough...or maybe he's not taking any chances?

idk seemed a little excessive and I'm ok with that! but I went ahead and called work and told them I wouldn't be back in until I'm all cleared up, just incase

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Really hope you feel better soon. Sounds like you tried to tough it out too long!

hasn't even been 24 hrs yet and I'm feeling much better. my soar throat is all but gone, coughing very little now, sinus clear and I'm breathing better.
of coarse steroids make you feel like a millions BUCKS! LOL

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
two cases confirmed in my town. I went to the Dr today. been coughing for a couple months and sinus issues. recently developed a sore throat and swollen tonsils. he asked me some questions, looked me over and then made the prognosis. he decided I have allergies and a case of tonsillitis? then he asked me bow my chest felt. then listened to me breath a few times and asked me how much I smoke a day.
then he ordered me 2 shots. one was a steroid, and the other was 2 antibiotics. then wrote a script for 2000 mg of amoxicillin a day for 10 days, 5 days of steroids, and allergy medication.

I like this dude. and I did tell him that I wanted to have zero health issues when I get corona virus. maybe he's just being thorough...or maybe he's not taking any chances?

idk seemed a little excessive and I'm ok with that! but I went ahead and called work and told them I wouldn't be back in until I'm all cleared up, just incase
My husband had the same symptoms as you. Sore throat, coughing deep in his chest. I figured he had pneumonia and hauled him to the Dr. He got a shot of steroids, shot of heavy duty antibiotics, prescription for more antibiotics, a breather and a sample breather thing. It has helped. Take care of yourself and don't go back to work too soon.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it is a tough time of the year to have something like this happen as you can't always be sure what you have, it might be seasonal allergies, a cold, the flu and then this new bug going around. :(

take good care of yourself!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Are you really wanting a hand to help

sorry about the thread. I used to use an image hosting service. they weren't very reliable so alot of the pics were lost. but there are many more that are still good.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm having my usual respiratory issues. IN the evening, I get a massive histamine reaction with coughing, post nasal drip, chest heavy. Last night, I thought... I'm gonna die! Took some tussinex, and some vicks under nose, chest rub, heating pad to chest, slept sitting half way up, and woke up with no more than the usual clean the gunk out of the resp. system issues. However, I'm putting myself on steroid inhaler, and calling in for refill of Singulair. If I get this illness, I'm a dead woman.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I'm having my usual respiratory issues. IN the evening, I get a massive histamine reaction with coughing, post nasal drip, chest heavy. Last night, I thought... I'm gonna die! Took some tussinex, and some vicks under nose, chest rub, heating pad to chest, slept sitting half way up, and woke up with no more than the usual clean the gunk out of the resp. system issues. However, I'm putting myself on steroid inhaler, and calling in for refill of Singulair. If I get this illness, I'm a dead woman.

sounds alot like what was going on with me. the allergy meds and steroids have pretty much took care of it.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have to wait till a telephone appointment with my PA before I can have 2 rx. filled. Then... it will be a matter of waiting for the rx to be processed by my preferred mail order company. I hoarded up my steroid inhaler as well as my emergency inhaler, (did that LAST summer!) so am ok with those.