A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You can't trade one bad habit (smoking) for another (drinking). Wine-a little is good, more than that is not. Your doctor did not give you approval to drink a bottle a night.

Well, us ladies have ganged up on you, but we have been there, done that and know that you are heading down a road that you really don't want to be on. Cut back on the wine, apologize to your wife and ask for her support to help you get through this.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
You can't trade one bad habit (smoking) for another (drinking). Wine-a little is good, more than that is not. Your doctor did not give you approval to drink a bottle a night.

Well, us ladies have ganged up on you, but we have been there, done that and know that you are heading down a road that you really don't want to be on. Cut back on the wine, apologize to your wife and ask for her support to help you get through this.

eh...she just quit buying wine. she knows I'm too lazy to go shopping so..

my Dr told me today that once or twice a week is enough to get the benefits. doesn't have to be daily. which is good..because it kinda tastes like crap

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I drink a glass maybe 2 or 3X a week. But, I buy those I like the taste. :D with some dark chocolate. BUT, you can get pills with the reservetol (sp?) -- same benefits, not as much fun. I just enjoy a glass with dinner sometimes. But often go months without a glass. It's a mood thing -- or a go with type meal.

Glad you are doing well after that surprise heart attack. Don't overdue, keep active though. AND a HUGE congrats on the no smoking!!! You'll want a lot of veggies this summer as I often see people say the munchies are bad after stopping. Don't know, never smoked. I think some is mental and keeping hands busy. Again, just a guess.

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Most of the reservetol in pill form is coming from China. Save your money and buy American wine!

Gardening helped me break my nail-biting habit... something about seeing that black stuff under the nails or something?;)

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
We had a neighbor out in Wyoming who ran 10 miles every day except when the roads were a foot deep in snow. That was at 7500 feet in elevation. Her husband would say that her eyes would start rolling in her head if she didn't run for 2 days in a row.