A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Do you take vitamins? Sometimes that will round out your system and make up for things you miss, even eating well. A good multi vit/min may be the ticket to feeling less hungry. Most have a good B-complex, zinc, magnesium, etc.

The oatmeal is actually heart healthy, add a little flax to it (Omega3 rich) and it isn't anything bad to taste. LOL In fact a teaspoon full and you probably won't know, taste wise. A couple walnuts & raisins or cranberries and you have a feast!

I think you are doing well. Just think, at only 2# a month, doesn't seem like much but, that's 24# in a year. Gradual is better as you change your habits, too.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
yeah I take vitamins. I need extra magnesium and potassium so I take a multi daily.

we tried baked salmon tonight for dinner. it was expensive and not very good. I just got it for the omega 3s. I won't be doing that again. I might just buy some mega red or something

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I just don't like fish. Tuna salad if loaded with taste changing things like onion & peppers. Salmon...I'd have to be starving first with not even grass in sight. :lol:

Good on vit/min tabs! Buy Krill oil capsules, heave omega3. Easy & cheap.

funny, i'm ok eating tuna, but it isn't my favorite, canned tuna is bleh (unless it is smoked and canned by someone from this group :) ), but sashimi tuna is a huge improvement (it's like a super tender chunk of beef) - i also like seviche, but not many people make that. i think what happened to me is that i went for quite a long time eating a lot of tuna and eventually i just got sick of it. i'll eat canned salmon over canned tuna any time, salmon patties are good eats here, we put a lot of onions in them. i also used to eat a lot of other canned fishes because they were relatively inexpensive. one fish i have an off-and-on-again craving for pickled herring. once in a while yum, the rest of the time i won't touch it.