A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I have heard the "I wish I had time to garden" from my sister - alot. She was a stay at home mom with 4 young kids who loved to play outside. They had a swingset, climbing jungle gym, playhouse, etc. to keep the kids busy. She spent alot of time sitting on the deck watching the kids play. Yet she didn't have time to plant a garden?
Now she has 2 kids in college, 1 in high school, & 1 in middle school - and she is an assistant at the school working 3 days a week. I'm sure she still doesn't have time to garden.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Amazing, isn't it? As far as I know, unless the laws of physics have changed. The Earth day has roughly 24 hours in it, no matter what your lattitude. Now, I could say.... I wish I had time to keep a CLEAN house. But, I would be lying through my teeth if I said that! Cause, I waste just as much time as the next guy.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Congrats. You are training up the next generation: Able to think independently, and not be dependent on Uncle Sam to "take care of me." If more of us became self sufficient, debt free, and able to grow our own food, our nation would be turned on it's ear. Uncle Sam would not know what to do with a nation full of free thinking, independent, self sufficient, able to feed themselves, and armed individuals. I think that we have voluntarily given up way too many of our personal responsibilities and freedoms.
Well said.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
That's great! How are things going over there by you? Hope you and family had a good festive season!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
They are alive but none of the does will lift. I need a new buck i guess they dont like either.

It crossed my mind to compost the whole herd and order Californian

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Well that's a bummer. Can you process them and start over with what you really want? I'd be tempted, I hate feeding non-producers.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well that's a bummer. Can you process them and start over with what you really want? I'd be tempted, I hate feeding non-producers.

Idk if they would be worth eating. Maybe if i aged then a couple weeks in the fridge