A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Looks like 3 cages there, how big are they?
I would like to get meat rabbits, but DH won't eat rabbit. I grew up with it and really like it. I don't know what there is to not like about rabbit meat, it really has a mild flavor.
4 cages. 30x30. ill build another one soon and get them all hung. my old ones are wore out

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
4x8 feet. four 1/2 emt (electrical conduit) poles across the top. chicken wire over them zip tied in place. tarp over top. then i used metal along the bottom sides.
Thanks. Did you bend the emt or did you cut and use fittings? Conduit is one of my "go to" building materials, (along with cattle panel) But, I've never bent conduit.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks. My canner has a pressure ga. I start it on my largest kitchen burner, then have to move it to the mini burner on the back of the stove. Even then, with the burner turned all the way back, I have a hard time keeping the pressure low enough. I hate to lift that full canner... but... my stove is what it is!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just curious... Did you use a little drill bit to make holes for the stitches? I found it worked well when I did my the leather lamantaion inside my hunting knife sheath.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸
no i should tho!

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
ok it seems we may have a cougar here. several neighbors talk abouy it, one has shots on a trail cam that appear to be a big cat and the wife says she thinks she saw it this morning by the road.

idk... seems kinda wierd. they dont usually hang out in North Texas
We got em here also in southern illinois, they really like water fowl.

Jesus is Lord and Christ 🙏❤️🇺🇸

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
What days for snow? here rain is predicted for Wednesday and Thursday with 22F for Thursday low and 42 high. I really don't need snow.

Snow, snow
Blow away
Come again
NEXT YEAR!
i think thursday. never know with the weather guessers