A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
today I fixed busted pipes all day. under one house from 8 to 2. 9 holes in copper pipes. then off to a Mobil home with pvc. replaced that with pex tubing.

From what I understand, PEX is the new go-to. Expands when it freezes and doesn't crack? Not sure about the fittings though, I've seen many different kinds of fittings for PEX and have never installed any of it myself.

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
DH bought the tool for working with PEX. There were a lot of repairs with PEX in our first house, which was a double wide manufactured home..

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I love the idea of an outside cook stove. I had considered picking up a little tiny cast iron LP stove, but... I bet I could pick up a standard size stove for about the same $$. And, it'd be fantastic for canning. I'd LOVE to have a "summer kitchen". Might be able to make one out of pallets and scavenged materials for a song and a dance. Could even put a "shower room" in the same building.
oh that sounds nice. it would be so great for canning too

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
back in the elder days they had these wandering folks called tinkers. i always thought that would be a great way to live. if you liked to travel... :)

farmerjan

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I remember reading about traveling tinkers.... didn't they have one that showed up on Little House on the Prairie too??