A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Ov
outside temp right now 7°f. inside 63°f. there have been rolling blackouts during the night. I had a feeling we might lose power and made sure each kid had at least 4 blankets on their beds. wishing we were better prepped.
Hopefully, that wont happen. Do you have a generator? I just got my Mom the Duracell 660 solar generator. It will keep her fridge running for 5 hours.
Im considering a Bluetti. I do have a gas generator that hasnt been used yet, but have it for just in case.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Cereal, when you were younger we didn’t have chem trails.... :(

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wink, wink wink...

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
things are starting to thaw. there's been alot of flooding from frozen pipes. phones ringing off the hook. we still don't have water pressure. we've been running ragged at work fixing pipes and being the shoulder to cry on. let me tell ya it's tough when an old lady is crying because her bedroom ceiling fell in because of a busted pipe.

anyway we do what we can. most of the roads are passable except for the hills out by the lake, got stuck there yesterday and had a buddy drag us out so we could keep slamming out service calls.

it's supposed to be above freezing for the first time today. now it's really gonna get crazy. there are alot of frozen pipes out there waiting to let loose.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Now I have my husband saying that at our next house, we will have a wood burning heater. He is still dug in here, but I got him thinking about it.......

We are so blessed that we haven't had any burst pipes. I feel so bad for the old lady with her ceiling fallen in, I've been there. I came home from work once to water running out the front door, and down the street. House flooded and ceilings caved in. I don't mind admitting that I broke down and cried-after I ran to the street and cut the water off. I had a small pity party and bout of hysteria before pulling it back together and doing what had to be done.

You are going to be very busy for awhile. If you have any carpentry or dry wall skills, you might partner up with a friend and do some side jobs, especially for people like that old lady that will be at the mercy of contractors.
Wait? Next House?

Rammy

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Alex Jones is gonna have a coronary over the texas power grid.

Saw the video. This was all planned to make Texas look bad because they want to succeed.