A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wish my garden was tilled! 4 days of slow rain here...all day now. Your garden is looking ready to gow something. Rabbits are lovely! I just can't get past "lovely to butcher" stage. Kudos.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Thanks. I noticed a few corn sprouts on the first row. Maybe i just put them deeper than the others. I also seen some stuff that might have been tomato sprouts. Not sure they are so small its hard to tell. I wish they would hurry up so i could get the rest of it hoed out and mulched

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
20170513_091354_zpsw0uuilul.jpg

Turning the compost pile today. It got pretty warm a couple days ago. Anyone know what the white stuff is? Seems it accumulated in the hot spots

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Just as long as its not some toxic mold that kills us all. :D

Idk what it is. Its always in the hot center and its always dry. I wet it down when i turn the pile and it heats up again.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Well i didn't get that much accomplished today being mothers day and all. Got a new compost bin thrown together, weeded the garden, and sold some friers. That will at least get a couple bags of feed.

Im a little impatient when it comes to the gardening. Its as if these plants are lazy or something. Next year im going to order seeds on line from a reputable supplier instead of buying them at tractorsupply.

Latest posts