A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Things are rolling along very well for you! Nice kits. Congrats.

Seems slow at times. Life gets in the way of projects too much.

My dad decided to die on us (it was the right move for sure) so this weekend is shot. 2 days of funeral and burial. Maybe I'll get something done after the holidays. I really need to get going on some raised beds, fencing and finishing my second chicken coop. Not mention planting trees. Need ALOT of trees. Need a few more loads of wood chips to mulch them with too.

Really need the whole property sheet mulched and everything in it making food. Get rid of what don't.

In time I guess

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Even though it might be time, it still hurts. Sorry about your Dad. He lives on in you and your children. I'll bet you either look like him or have some of the same traits, or maybe both. As kids, we can't fathom growing up to be like our parents, and then durned if that's just what we do.

Beautiful box of bunnies. They are adorable.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Still tho....i need to get something done around here! Damn job is getting in the way big time! :gig

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Condolences on your dad's passing. Yes, sometimes it is a better alternative than what they are living with. Was true with my mother. I understand.

Still tho....i need to get something done around here! Damn job is getting in the way big time! :gig

OK -- this just never changes. Seems that, even if you have a few days off, something doesn't work out to get your list done. Weather, money, other issues. Life just "is" and we have to work around that. You can't rush some things, like the development of all the things you want now. At my age I don't look to buy trees that aren't already old enough to produce fruit. I was looking at some trees the other day that I planted 18 years ago -- thinking "wish that had been an apple tree". Time flies.

Even waiting for eggs to hatch, birds to grow out, etc., becomes a waiting game that seems endless in the moment. THAT is why the city-folk who want fresh eggs will pay for a young pullet instead of buying a day old chick!

We spend a lot of our life "waiting"....for the seasons to change, the seed to sprout, the garden to produce, eggs to hatch. Try to use the waiting time to enjoy what you have already accomplished, had mature, the canned and frozen goods you are enjoying today from the past waiting. It will come full circle. :old