A new journey into homesteading "pic heavy"

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
thanks. I find myself wishing I had a plucker

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
go online....you can make a plucker with your drill as motor. Also, couple big plastic drums and you can have a container for the feathers, etc. :D I know YOU can do this easily. Yep, plucking is a job. Older cull/extra birds, skin them & part out! Pot with bones & make broth.

Those look good -- nice job!

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
thanks. I find myself wishing I had a plucker
I have one and it works great! Of course there is all that extra upkeep to keep him fed all year, laundry his clothes, doctor visits to keep him in tip top shape and and taking him along to the grocery store which always costs more for all the junk food he puts in the basket. For all the drawbacks, I’ll keep this 75 year old model. He is a chicken pickin’ Champion!

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
These days, my old model is more productive around home than I am. I'm still putting in overtime hours trying to get everything squared away for my Dad, Step-Mom. Hours and hours of phone calls, lots of paperwork, as well as physical presence. DH has stepped up to the plate, and is burning the candle at both ends, doing chicken and duck chores at both ends of the day, walking the dog, cooking, laundry... you name it. He's THE MAN!!! And, I love him dearly for it. Without his help during these months, I'd be curled up in a fetal position somewhere, sobbing!!!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
went to the doc last Friday for a stress test. I was supposed to get a call with results monday. Monday I went I for an echo. got a call yesterday and they asked me to come in to hear the results next Wednesday. makes me wonder what they are hiding. makes wonder why I've been having chest pains since the operation. I figured it was anxiety.

no sense worrying. it's time for a stiff drink and some country music.

Latest posts