Adrenal Fatigue thread Update post 67

murphysranch

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Everything down to just about the celiacs disease is me. Me . Me . Me .

I'm not being a smart ale, but wondering: isn't that just life?

I could sleep for 12 hours a day, then take a nap, then work on the computer, putter around outside, then come in an force myself to read a book. I've been on effexor for years, and just started taking Lunesta, cus I got sick and tired of waking up at 2:30 and having my brain turn on for hours on end. And the night sweats are horrible. and the extra 30 lbs these last 4 years. and and and. Financial stress, unemployment running out the middle of February, hubby working a painting job 3 hours a way for 4 weeks; can't modify our home loan, so its going up for sale in March; everything my beloved dogs do drives me crazy now; cat is too fat; daughter doesn't acknowledge me; son is a nice guy but so far a looser, and so it goes. There was a quote I saw a few years ago. Is your depression fueling your alcohol consumption or is alcohol fueling your depression? Life is a vicious circle just about every year.

Adrenal fatigue?

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
Okay, I just saw all this....I'm still trying to fix my diet. I have gone GF but am still thinking of seeing an allergist to test and see if there are any more food allergies going on.

I'm not on any supplements at all but still feel better. I'm getting tired again though. I feel tired but can't seem to get to sleep some nights. Digestive tract is much better. I drink kombucha every day and the constipation is gone.
Lori, I had a huge "high" going gluten free, but just like what you are experiencing, the fatigue took over again.
The adrenals tend to tank when the body has had to deal with long term food allergies and other emotional traumas.
If you can get a saliva test done, and have it read by a competent professional, you should have a good idea of how to finish healing.
I would suspect adrenal fatigue over other food allergies first.
You can test this yourself in a way, just by tracking through the day, when the fatigue is at its worst, what your sleep pattern is, and what happens when you have an unplanned event that triggers a fast response.
Write it down through out the day.

Bethanial

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Bubblingbrooks said:
Symptoms are not limited to the following.

Fatigue
Depression
Inability to lose weight - past a certain point
Miscarriage only one that I know of
Inability to get pregnant
Candida issues rarely
Issues with falling and staying asleep sometimes
Inability to stay awake not necessarily inability, but forcing myself to
Cortisal issues huh?
Constipation sometimes, but cascara sagrada clears it up within 36 hrs, likely due to still taking pain meds for back surgery
Panic attacks
Low/No Libido opposite problem, actually :hide
Racing heart
Hot flashes
Chronic Back Pain you mean that's not just from the surgery? Seriously, having that bulging disc removed cleared up 95% of back pain
Muscle pain and fatigue sometimes
Joint pain
Mentally on Edge

And things that often are related causers
Celiacs (gluten issues)
Various other food allergies
High stress
You can test this yourself in a way, just by tracking through the day, when the fatigue is at its worst, what your sleep pattern is, and what happens when you have an unplanned event that triggers a fast response.
What is a typical response? If some unplanned something happens, I kinda sorta "freeze" - it's like my brain can't process what to do, or even if if I know what to do, it's like trying to figure out what to do in a fog. For instance, a plate of food turned over on the carpet, and I just sat there and stared at it.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I think I may have figured out an underlying cause for my issues....just thought I'd share it...low estrogen can cause most of these same issues. I have low estrogen, and according to things I have read...it can trigger the adrenal response and cause this. I was diagnosed with low estrogen when I first started having problems. I wonder if I do go on estrogen supplement if it would decrazify(don't look that word up I made it up :D )my adrenals and alleviate my problems altogether? Thinking out loud... anybody take estrogen supplements? I get skeered messin with the hormones, they can be beasties..... I do plan on talking to my doctor about this, but would like to see if anyone has taken hormone replacements and how it worked for you. Anybody? I don't want to visit the looney bin just trying to get well :hide

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Bethanial said:
Bubblingbrooks said:
Symptoms are not limited to the following.

Fatigue
Depression
Inability to lose weight - past a certain point
Miscarriage only one that I know of
Inability to get pregnant
Candida issues rarely
Issues with falling and staying asleep sometimes
Inability to stay awake not necessarily inability, but forcing myself to
Cortisal issues huh?
Constipation sometimes, but cascara sagrada clears it up within 36 hrs, likely due to still taking pain meds for back surgery
Panic attacks
Low/No Libido opposite problem, actually :hide
Racing heart
Hot flashes
Chronic Back Pain you mean that's not just from the surgery? Seriously, having that bulging disc removed cleared up 95% of back pain
Muscle pain and fatigue sometimes
Joint pain
Mentally on Edge

And things that often are related causers
Celiacs (gluten issues)
Various other food allergies
High stress
What is a typical response? If some unplanned something happens, I kinda sorta "freeze" - it's like my brain can't process what to do, or even if if I know what to do, it's like trying to figure out what to do in a fog. For instance, a plate of food turned over on the carpet, and I just sat there and stared at it.
I have just a minute here, so I wanted to respond to your cortisol ?
Fatigued adrenals are seemingly on high alert at all times. They put out WAY to much cortisal, and this causes an inability to lose weight.
And it is possible that your inability to not respond appropriatly to the spilled plate can be indicative to fatigue.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I think I may have figured out an underlying cause for my issues....just thought I'd share it...low estrogen can cause most of these same issues. I have low estrogen, and according to things I have read...it can trigger the adrenal response and cause this. I was diagnosed with low estrogen when I first started having problems. I wonder if I do go on estrogen supplement if it would decrazify(don't look that word up I made it up :D )my adrenals and alleviate my problems altogether? Thinking out loud... anybody take estrogen supplements? I get skeered messin with the hormones, they can be beasties..... I do plan on talking to my doctor about this, but would like to see if anyone has taken hormone replacements and how it worked for you. Anybody? I don't want to visit the looney bin just trying to get well :hide
Maybe persuse www.drrons.com to see what he has.
I will look around too.
Have to run right now though...

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
Just curious, do you eat soy products? I know soy can mess with estrogen...I just can't remember how right now. (I'm having an adrenal moment. :lol: All this time I thought I was having blond moments. :p)

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
I consume minimal ammounts of soy. I don't go out of my way to avoid it, so it is in some of my foods. I mainly cook from scratch. We eat a few store bought breads that contain some soy, but for the most part...soy is not in my diet.

Bubblingbrooks

Made in Alaska
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
I consume minimal ammounts of soy. I don't go out of my way to avoid it, so it is in some of my foods. I mainly cook from scratch. We eat a few store bought breads that contain some soy, but for the most part...soy is not in my diet.
Were you a formula fed baby?