AL - Recording baby steps: Newest Addition

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have 2 regular buyers for my chicken eggs. Every other week one lady wants a dozen, the other wants 3-4 dozen. Any leftovers I give to my old neighbor, Mr. B.

With Thanksgiving coming up I have orders for 6 dozen (filled) 4 dozen, and 2 (2) dozen. I sure hope my girls don't pick this week to slow down! :th

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
nothing to really update except meatie photos

They are 4 wks old as of yesterday. Some are almost completely feathered, others are kind of bald.

1857_4wkcx3.jpg

baldy
1857_4wkcx.jpg

big feathered
1857_4wkcx2.jpg

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Oh no those aren't names, just photo descriptions.... I can't tell them apart and I like it that way lol
I hope to find some sort of scale tomorrow so I can see where they are as far as weight.

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
When I read "4wk old creepy meats" I thought you found something horrible in the back of your fridge! :lol: :gig Glad you were talking about meatie chickens!

ohiofarmgirl

Sipping Bacon Martinis
Reaction score
wow!!! they look GREAT! good work!

me - i had one for supper last nite.. very very very good.

we did 5 or 6 the other day - two had the weird leg thing. one was so weird we just took off the breasts and cooked down the rest for the cats. it was so weird!

but the roasted one was so so so so good. this morning i was thinking.. hum.. we gotta get some more of those done.. hum.....

:)

Farmfresh

City Biddy
Reaction score
Most likely the females have feathers and the males are still baldy. That is usually the way it works.

They are looking good!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
urban dreamer said:
When I read "4wk old creepy meats" I thought you found something horrible in the back of your fridge! :lol: :gig Glad you were talking about meatie chickens!
Same here!

AL

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
urban dreamer said:
HA! Normally I would say that is absolutely a possibility but since I have cut up credit cards I can name the items in my fridge: several cartons of eggs to take to buyers, 2 jars of salsa, milk, squash and butter. Seriously.

Freezer : little sample size cups of ice cream, hamburger meat, beef bones for the dogs.

Cabinet: Oatmeal, cereal and Peanut butter

HAHA

I was supposed to go down and help my folkswith some stuff and I was late. Told my mom I had to feed the meats or if somebody (chicken, dog, human) fell down in the pen the meats would devour them. The more I talk about these chickens to my mom, she says the more hesitant she is to eat them LOL

Thanks for saying they look good... I was beginning to wonder. They still run and flap their wings, bump chests and scratch like normal chickens. No leg problems at all that I see (knock on wood). That big silver feeder supposedly holds 12 lbs of feed and it has taken them 2 days to even get close to finishing it. Of course, when I turn them out in the pen they have grass, scratch, oats and bugs.

Latest posts