AmericanHomesteader...Life in the Desert totally Off-Grid!!

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
I have to ask why you would have to spend so much for a live turkey when the ones in the store that have been processed don't cost as much?
Am I missing something?

//BT//
We are doing it for profit, the royal palms are show birds, medium size, goodnatured and good eating. They sell around here for 35.00 apiece for chicks.

pinkfox

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i do like the royals...
my only concern with them is they tend to be more apt to jump fences than the larger breeds lol. im told the royals can get some pretty deacent lift when they want to :)

I cant wait to see all the magnificent pictures im sure your taking along the way! i bet the night sky is stunning out there!

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Yes the night sky and the sunsets are breath taking here, i will be working on pictures this weekend suppose to be rainy here. We clip the turkeys wings and they seem content pecking around the 2 acres that is fenced in, we put them in there pen at dark.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
And you updated your siggy and location!

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Well both our hen turkeys are laying eggs, we hope we have baby turkeys soon :) Got alot of framing done on the house today, its coming along, not much new to report, just been working our butts off. Will post more later.

Dawn419

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Denim Deb said:
He was afraid not to after the hard time y'all gave him about it! :hide :lol:

AH,

So glad you are enjoying life at your new home...it sounds wonderful and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures, when you get a chance. :hugs

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
Sounds like things are going well! Can't wait for pics when you get time :) No rush though, you all sound SUPER busy!

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
:barnie we are fixing to have a winter storm up to 6 inches of snow here and high winds :( suppose to hit us sunday evening, got to batten down the homestead!! Need to protect the chickens and turkeys from it.

I will be working on getting pictures posted during this since i wont be able to work outside any.

Better make a water run tomorrow to be on the safe side, we got plenty of food.

Stay tuned!

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Dawn419 said:
Denim Deb said:
He was afraid not to after the hard time y'all gave him about it! :hide :lol:

AH,

So glad you are enjoying life at your new home...it sounds wonderful and I'm looking forward to seeing pictures, when you get a chance. :hugs
Haha yes didnt want to upset the apple cart!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
This is a test of the emergency homestead system :lol: At least after this winter storm you'll be able to see where and what to improve on and feel comfort from all the things that go well during the storm with the snow load, winds, how it effects the animals, etc. Just tryin to find the silver lining for you :hugs I hope all goes well for you all. :)