AmericanHomesteader...Life in the Desert totally Off-Grid!!

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Hope you don't have any run-ins w/illegals! And, I like the fire and lanterns myself.

BeccaJoVon

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I've been following your journal. Congratulations on the safe trip to your new home. I don't want to have to be completely off the grid, but I would like to be less dependent on our present lifestyle. I admire you and your family (and empathize with your DD) for making the effort.

Thanks for sharing with us!

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
Sounds wonderful! Kinda reminds me how I felt when we first moved to the desert! Aren't the stars glorious? :ep

Rebbetzin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
CheerioLounge said:
Sounds wonderful! Kinda reminds me how I felt when we first moved to the desert! Aren't the stars glorious? :ep
We were out last night a bit north of the city lights, and the stars and moon were amazing!! We love to go up on Mt. Lemmon near here, a bit over 10,0000 feet... from there the stars are spectacular!!

AmericanHomesteader, I sure hope you have better soil than we do here in Tucson! If not, plan on gardening with raised beds or container gardens. They work great especially if you put in a drip system.

Gardening12.gif

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi all were still alive :D it sure was cold this morning out here. I am picking up building supplies tomorrow so i can get started on closing in the rooms. The DW has started some of the garden seeds. The Kids like there schools here, DD is finally getting settled and not complaining as much. My internet on my phone sucks so bad, but i dont have anything else i can do out here :( guess it is better then nothing. We are just plugging along on getting setup here. Will check in a day or so.

CheerioLounge

Dessert Dreamer
Reaction score
:frow Good to hear from you! I have the same issues with internet... But the alternatives are just too far out of the budget. Glad to hear school is going well and that DD is adapting. I've got to get my seeds started too! I think we may have had our last frost as it appears we are in for a warmup! Hoping the same for you! :fl

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I need to get my green house cleaned out so I can get seeds started. But, didn't have time yesterday and today was too nasty.