AmericanHomesteader...Life in the Desert totally Off-Grid!!

hqueen13

<Insert Snazzy Title Here
Reaction score
Sounds so exciting!

Careful with those Coyotes, they will go after other predators that are competition for their food supply. We have seen them here going after foxes, and they have been known to go after cats and dogs, too.

Take care and keep us updated! Can't wait to see photos!

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sunday we are picking up chickens and turkeys!!! Im ready for our first life stock on the homestead :) So far the solar panel array is kicking butt, its nice to have power and no bill. The deep freeze conversion works great, running it is using 140 watts so its not bad at all. Soon life will be semi normal here instead of chaos, building is coming along fine, we should be living in our home by the end of the month.

Post more later

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
So cool! Glad you are getting it all going :D

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
AmericanHomesteader said:
Denim Deb said:
Were the roadrunners being chased by the coyotes? :hide Looking forward to hearing more as well.
Hahaha im using acme bird feed to attract them :lol:
I wanna see pics of that!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I just moved from SE Arizona and the only thing that worked for the coyotes that would kill our chickens was electric fence strands on top and bottom of pen or fence rails. They killed for sport more than once, they would not even eat their kills when we found the free rangers in the morning :he :barnie You are planning on penning them at night I hope.

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi all, we got our chicken and turkey pens built yesterday, today we go pick up our birds, looking forward to our first livestock lol.

DW is doing laundry today and im framing in a window and door, todays weather suppose to be a warm 77 for a high, the solar panels are working great so live is good :)

will post more later

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
It's not quite that warm here yet, but I'm just as glad. I'm not ready for the heat!

AmericanHomesteader

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Hi all, we picked up 5 hens and one rooster they are cochians, we got 1 royal palm tom and two hen turkeys, its a start on the homestead. All are 2 year olds and laying :woot
The kids want them as pets!!! lol. Still building on the house, The solar power still is working great and keeping things charged and the fridge cold :)

Will post more soon.