Amish Friends

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I always wanted to be amish. But i dont think they take converts....and i cuss a little

:gig

Did you ever see that Johnny Bravo Amish Episode?

Approx 2 lbs of Amish butter it comes in a roll, not sticks - who knew??? It's also darker than store bought butter.
IMG_20180819_240954434.jpg

Amish bread, butter and local honey - so good.
IMG_20180819_242715635.jpg

Last edited:

cabinguy

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I agree the Amish are great friends and a good resource.
Joe Mackall a Ashland Univ. prof wrote a book about the Amish near me Plain Secrets: An Outsider among the Amish
which is a good read if your interested in learning more about Amish. There are many types of Amish very liberal to very strict.
The New order Amish can have solar power,tractors,and even phones in the barn. The strict Old Order Amish don't have running water and no orange triangle on buggy.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I agree the Amish are great friends and a good resource.
Joe Mackall a Ashland Univ. prof wrote a book about the Amish near me Plain Secrets: An Outsider among the Amish
which is a good read if your interested in learning more about Amish. There are many types of Amish very liberal to very strict.
The New order Amish can have solar power,tractors,and even phones in the barn. The strict Old Order Amish don't have running water and no orange triangle on buggy.

For me I just roll with it... The first thing my Amish Friends did when they bought the farm is rip out all the electric. You drive by at night and honestly you would never know they don't have electricity in the house because the oil lamps are just as bright. And they are the nicest and kind bunch of folks.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
They must be using Aladdin lamps...they are extremely bright. A simple kerosene lamp doesn't put out that measure of brightness.

Making me hungry looking at that butter, bread and honey, CC!!! That's a great arrangement! Wish I had Amish neighbors too.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My wife is out picking pears with our Amish Friends, we found some trees that didn't get hit with the late frost. I know this sounds funny and all... but instead of taking the horse and buggy, my wife took the veggie hauler (my pick up truck) instead. And yes she is driving :lol

I would snap some pictures of our Amish Friends and share with you all, but they don't like their pictures taken - so I have to respect that, you know?

Last edited: