Another ghost story..

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Some of you know about the spooky incidents I had when working on the shed in my backyard.. Well, I had another weird experience yesterday, up the road from my house this time.

There is a building on the corner of my street where is now a Chinese take away and some apartments above. Early yesterday evening I went for a walk with DS and he wanted to ask the owners of the T/A if their son can go to the park with him, as it was still quite light out. So I stopped there and waited outside while he went in to talk with them. I felt a firm pressure against my right shoulder as I waited, sort-of like when you lean against something narrow, or if someone presses you hard with their fingers? I swung around to see if I absent-mindedly got to close to a road sign or something… There was nothing and no-one near me.

This afternoon I went to visit a friend here in the village who grew up here and told her about it. She burst out laughing and said "That's why you never see people hanging out on that corner!" Apparently I'm far from the only one to have had that experience.

Some years ago the building burnt out and someone got killed in the blaze. She didn't know the details, but said the building was left derelict for some time before it got restored and turned into the apartments and commercial premises it is today. She herself was waiting outside for a bus very early one morning, years ago, when she heard a sound like of a piece of furniture being dragged across the floor inside the then derelict building. There was no furniture or proper floors in there at the time…

Me being me is properly intrigued by this now and I'm planning to ask a lovely man in the village here about it when I see him again. His knowledge of this village and the area is near encyclopaedic and he will definitely know the full story. (And his son is a paranormal investigator)

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Oh cool! That stuff intrigues and kinda creeps me out at the same time.

Not sure if I've shared this story here or not... My CRS is acting up, lol!

A couple of summers ago we took our students on a field trip to a Chiropractic college to visit their cadaver lab. Upon arriving I asked where the ladies room was and was pointed in the right direction. I entered, hung my purse on the hook, and looked for a place to put my clipboard. There were no benches or shelves so I put the clipboard on the corner of the sink. It was a large enough sink that the clipboard was very secure. I proceeded to "rest" in the restroom when suddenly the clipboard launched off of the sink and landed across the room on the floor. I was just a little surprised, lol. I responded with a "tell me how you really feel" comment and got the heck outta there!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Goodness, FEM, that is a bit scary! Reminds me of some surveillance camera footage I found on FB somewhere. It was taken in a haunted school in Nenagh, I think (town here in Co Tipperary). It showed posters being ripped of the wall, a chair flying across the room and other similar things happening. You could clearly see there was no living person in the room, things just moved spontaneously. The time captured on the footage shows it happened late at night when the school was deserted.

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
It was creepy for sure! Made my hair stand on end. There's just no way it could have 'fallen' and if it did - it would have fallen straight down - you know, gravity and all that - but this thing went at least 3 feet through the air!

Miss Lydia

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Well sure hope you stay away from the corner from now on Sumi. And no telling who you was in the BR with FEM cadaver room? Eeeww.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Ooh I love creepy stories, lol! When they're someone else's stories at least!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I went up there two days ago for a take out and had to go outside for proper cell signal, so I can go online on my phone while I waited for my food. I lasted about 20 seconds on the corner before I decided there is better signal at the pub 3 doors down :p

I plan to go do the paranormal lockdown at "Ireland's most haunted house" sometime… https://www.loftushall.ie If I make it I'll post about it on my website.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You know these spirits exist, right? I mean, there is proof. Why not? It can be a touch scary since we see only a little of the activity and unlike when living, no seeable form (most times). There are some spirits who do appear, at least for a short time.

The scary part is not seeing and therefore not knowing where they are, their "look" or mood, can't see where they are going.
It's unnerving. :) But I am interested in these paranormal issues. Mainly because I believe the existance and you don't get to see that just everywhere. Generally where something happens that leaves the spirit in "limbo". Most are not mean

We have several Civil War cemetary &/or battlegrounds within a couple hrs drive of me where there are reported sightings & sounds of the fight efforts. I've been t a couple but, none presented to me.:( Guess they knew why I was there.

Sumi, I would LOVE to go on that tour. The "Hall" is an awesome place in that site. Pictures are impressive...wow. I love that stuff.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@Mini Horses I try not to think about them and ignore them as best I can once they have made their presence known, which is kinda hard when they go out to get your attention! I've seen a few of them, heard quite a few, felt a few… It's always unnerving, but I only had one really bad one happened at a castle a few miles from here that I visited a few months ago. I had something attach itself to me in some way, following me around the castle grounds, completely unnerving me. It's hard to explain it properly, but I felt anxious and "watched" and very, very uncomfortable no matter where I moved to. It was a terrible feeling! I eventually said to my friend who was with me let's just go, I want to go NOW! I walked out of the walled in area and halfway back to the car I finally felt whatever it was "lift" off me. I felt very down and almost suicidal for a few hours afterwards, which really freaked me out too.

I'm hoping to make it to Loftus Hall sometime soon as I really want to do this lockdown. A friend of mine here promised to take me to a castle she lived in for awhile too, that is also very, very haunted, but not promoted as much, like the Hall and Leap castle, which was amazing to visit too :) https://www.inmyireland.com/2018/05/29/haunted-ireland-leap-castle-county-offaly/

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow sumi you are sensitive to spirits. I am too. I have a friend, he's like a brother to me. He had serious mental health issues that cleared up when he moved out of his parents house. His mother actually committed suicide. He moved back into the house briefly as an adult and he started having those thoughts. I brought him home one day, I only made it halfway down the driveway before I felt oppressed by something. It was a few miles down the road after dropping him off before I felt normal again. He was surprised I felt it, said most people don't. Not a good feeling.