Another ghost story..

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Wow sumi you are sensitive to spirits. I am too. I have a friend, he's like a brother to me. He had serious mental health issues that cleared up when he moved out of his parents house. His mother actually committed suicide. He moved back into the house briefly as an adult and he started having those thoughts. I brought him home one day, I only made it halfway down the driveway before I felt oppressed by something. It was a few miles down the road after dropping him off before I felt normal again. He was surprised I felt it, said most people don't. Not a good feeling.
I'm sorry to hear about your friend's mother :( You know, he's right, many people don't sense or feel spirits and many think us that do are nuts. I worked in a haunted building (well, 3 actually) and in the second one I saw and heard activity all the time, but my boss and his fiancé never heard a thing. They got so upset with me and my colleagues whenever we mentioned the ghost, that I named him Eddie, so we can mention him without them knowing we were not talking about a living person. Eddie was sound though, he never bothered us, but negative spirits are awful to be around. I can't imagine living with one.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
He had awful stories which I only remember vaguely, probably better that way. My MIL's house is haunted also. Her name is Mildred. She mostly hangs out in the pantry. Every time I've brought my dog there he stands and growls nervously at the pantry. Creepy! She's never done any harm though.

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Like I say, can be scary.

You two have apparently been with a negative spirit. And with the friend and his bro, I can see that would be negative! Sumi, hard to say what was with yours, obviously he was tuned to you tho.

It is much like people who can "talk" to the animals. Their sensitivity for the paranormal is heightened. The reception is different but, it is there.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
My great grandfather's house in Portland was haunted. You could hear steps going up stairs and doors opening. If you slept in one of the downstairs bedrooms you had to make sure your feet were covered.

Great Grandpa's own grandfather died in the house and the phenomenon started happening shortly after. You'd hear something and know it was just Old Jack. He's the one who built the house originally.

I don't think my Great Aunt mentioned anything when they sold off the house after Great Grandpa died in the late 90s. Wasn't the best area of the city by that time but the area was undergoing urban renewal and being gentrified again. So someone bought a huge Victorian house on an acre in downtown Portland Oregon not knowing they were getting a family ghost.

It was a neat house. At some point Great Grandpa had connected the "garage" to the house so you could get there without getting wet. He installed wooden doors so you could get one car in. More could have fit but he didn't want to take down the 2 horse stalls that were still there. All the sidewalks in the neighborhood still had the metal rings for tying up horses out front of a house if you were visiting

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Like I say, can be scary.

You two have apparently been with a negative spirit. And with the friend and his bro, I can see that would be negative! Sumi, hard to say what was with yours, obviously he was tuned to you tho.

It is much like people who can "talk" to the animals. Their sensitivity for the paranormal is heightened. The reception is different but, it is there.
The spot I "picked up" the spirit or energy was in the corner of the castle walls, where they built some watch towers. I suspect the spirit may have been a guard or soldier and got killed there? Maybe it saw me as an intruder and wanted to defend it's castle. I did read a lot about the castle's history, there is a lovely love story in there too, but I couldn't find records of deaths and conflicts or battles from the castle itself, except that the then residents had some trouble with the residents of the castle near my old village, a few miles away.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
My great grandfather's house in Portland was haunted. You could hear steps going up stairs and doors opening. If you slept in one of the downstairs bedrooms you had to make sure your feet were covered.

Great Grandpa's own grandfather died in the house and the phenomenon started happening shortly after. You'd hear something and know it was just Old Jack. He's the one who built the house originally.

I don't think my Great Aunt mentioned anything when they sold off the house after Great Grandpa died in the late 90s. Wasn't the best area of the city by that time but the area was undergoing urban renewal and being gentrified again. So someone bought a huge Victorian house on an acre in downtown Portland Oregon not knowing they were getting a family ghost.

It was a neat house. At some point Great Grandpa had connected the "garage" to the house so you could get there without getting wet. He installed wooden doors so you could get one car in. More could have fit but he didn't want to take down the 2 horse stalls that were still there. All the sidewalks in the neighborhood still had the metal rings for tying up horses out front of a house if you were visiting
That sounds like a lovely house! Many of those old houses seem to come with a ghost or two. I kinda expect it from some of them, with all the history they have.

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
This going to sound like bs. But when i bought my first house (it was built in the 40s) we wouod always see dark spots around the ceiling from the corner of our eyes until we turned to look. The place was pretty creepy as well.

A few years in i decided to rewire the place. While working in the attic i found a pair of lineman pliers with no insulation on the handles. They looked to be from the 50s. They had also been blown up. A chunk was missing from the cutting edge from cutting into a live wire. They were engraved with the name ray.

I tossed the pliers. And i ran all the new wiring in metal conduit. Never seen anything afterward

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Daaaang! Maybe Ray was able to move on when the job was done right and complete.... Wow!

Idk. Maybe he was pretty attached to his lineman pliers. As an electrician, i never go anywhere without my kleins.

Or maye the old knob and tube wiring put out a strong electromagnetic field and the conduit over the new wiring sheilds that now somewhat. Ive read that electromagnetic fields can give you off feelings, or feelings of dred, etc.