Anxiety Treatment Options?

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Already taking vitamin D. Barely eating as is. Employment issues plus the wife's health issues and resulting financial concerns.

I have a sleep aid from the doctor, but the dreams are not good.

The sun is out today, plus got some things resolved on the homefront.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
One specific set of verses, when applied, works 100% of the time...but it has to be followed to the letter. It's not something blithely offered, like a cute little sentiment in a greeting card...I've applied this over and over in situations that would make anyone anxious, and God has been faithful to this promise. Over and over. In this current world, this is my go to text for the things I see, experience and hear.

Philippians 4: 6-10
Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God;
7 and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus.
8 Finally, brethren, whatever things are true, whatever things are noble, whatever things are just, whatever things are pure, whatever things are lovely, whatever things are of good report, if there is any virtue and if there is anything praiseworthy--meditate on these things.
9 The things which you learned and received and heard and saw in me, these do, and the God of peace will be with you.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
@baymule and @NH Homesteader , regarding the CBD oil....illegal under the new medical marijuana law now in effect. My career is primarily in the IT financial sector, so drug screens happen. I know CBD is not supposed to flag on a test, but I can't take a chance.

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
How is your wife doing now?
For a variety of reasons, she hasn't started rehab and she may have another partial blockage. She is not supposed to do much of anything right now, nor is she allowed out in the cold weather. Her oldest uncle passed last month and we could not make the 12 hour drive. We have not visited her family in over 6 months.

There is nothing I can do. Feeling powerless

Last edited:

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I'm sorry. That's so hard. Hope she's able to get out as the weather warms up and her health improves.

I second the light, those do help. My brother had one, he called it his "brain lamp", but it was effective . I have a hard time in the winter too.