Anxiety Treatment Options?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
So sorry about that! :( One door closes....another opens. Really hope another door opens for you very quickly. At least you're not in limbo any more.

moxies_chickennuggets

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
Already taking vitamin D. Barely eating as is. Employment issues plus the wife's health issues and resulting financial concerns.

I have a sleep aid from the doctor, but the dreams are not good.

The sun is out today, plus got some things resolved on the homefront.

Any way to exercise? Stationary bike? Treadmill?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Any suggestions for options dealing with anxiety?

Stress is out of control. Insomnia and the like.

I am praying and trying to let it go. I am trying.

Don't know if this will help or not. But I can relate... the field we both work in is crazy dog eat dog at times. If your like me you feel your chest tighten, find it hard to breathe and that "oh crap" thought seems to take over your mind. Then you start to run through the "what ifs" and it gets only worse. When this comes over me. I immediately stop what I'm doing and take a hike in the shawnee national Forest in the back of my house and pray about it.

If I had a week from hell, I run my sawmill, bobcat and chainsaw on the weekends or after a bad day at work, I'll work in my woodshop. All very dangerous yes, but they cause me to pay full attention to the task at hand, so my mind is focused on one thing and doing what needs to be done without jacking myself up.

Another thing I do is "metal vibration therapy" with very loud music. I find myself picking out certain instruments in a song and paying attention to it, which occupies my mind. Plus the vibration from the lower frequencies is like a soothing massage therapy my legs, back, neck and shoulders. I can come back from a drive into town fully relaxed and feeling like ton of bricks fell off my shoulders.

I had a boss for a short amount of time that had a Moto that just stuck with me. She would say "work hard but play harder" she was an awesome boss. I guess what I'm saying, find something for you that allows you to escape and occupies your mind. Please don't be like so many others who use illegal drugs or booze to medicate their mind and body to escape (Drugs Bad). Find something that you REALLY enjoy doing that's rewarding and occupies your mind, then take it to the next level. You might be amazed how well it works to help cope with stress.

We are here for you brother. If you need to talk, send me a conversation and I'll send you my cell number. I just don't want to give it out in a public forum. I would like to hear from you.

Last edited:

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
@FarmerJamie I hope this will be the start of something MUCH better for you! Hang in there, stay strong. When I get anxious, and it's often, I think of a quote I love:

“Accept what is, let go of what was, and have faith in what will be.” —Sonia Ricotti.

Emphasis on the last bit. :hugs

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Looking back, my personal meltdown this past weekend was unconsciously my analysis of the situation. In November, I was dropped off of the mgmt monthly emails with customer billing volume. Which is silly, because I had access to the raw data as part of my role. A big client is leaving in 4 months, as well as several medium sized clients.

Reflecting on the recent arguments over new product direction, I was advocating solidifying our existing base and some cost saving enhancements. Instead, the focus is on something else which is only part of a larger gap and adds only a fraction of things we couldn't fulfill on recent RFPs. Not my decision or my concern any more. Lol

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Had a good night's sleep last night, first in a long while.

The wife says I look like a new man. Ha!

Actually called the ex last night, to give her a heads up. This is the last year of support payments. She was supportive and encouraging. That relationship has greatly improved too.