Any trappers here?

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
My BIL swears by marshmallow to catch raccoon. I don't think it worked. Parts from the chickens they killed worked pretty well for raccoon and fox. We lost 21 chickens one year, DH trapped 6 or 8 raccoons and the skunk. :th

About a year later, I commented "we haven't had any predator problems with the chickens lately." Within a week, a fox came and killed all the meat chickens we were raising. :barnie He hung out around our barn for a while before DH rigged up a trap using a live chick as bait (no the chick wasn't harmed, but he caught the fox!)

That was last year. No predator problems since, but seeing as we're raising another bunch of meaties, I'm just going to keep my mouth shut.:old

Last edited:

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I don't have the dog anymore. He bit my kids. And DH. And me. And the dogsitter. :barnie I will never have a poodle again!

HomesteaderWife

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Getting prepared here for trapping season with excitement. My husband is the trapper and I'm the tanner haha! Can't wait to get going. Really wanting to get a fox and make a warm hat this year.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Care to share tanning tips? We haven't done any trapping, we will eventually, but my husband wants to learn how to tan for when we do (and for when we butcher goats, etc)

Latest posts