Anybody Crochet?

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I went to the library here to get a card, and found out today that they have a crochet club on Mondays. It's been years since I've crocheted anything, but this thread has me rethinking that...

That's how I got started. I was at the allergist, was working on a latch hook rug and found out that they had a knitting and crocheting group at a library Tuesday afternoons. And, they'll teach you. So, I started going last year. I tried to teach myself years ago, w/out much luck. So, I was glad to find this group.

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Did she not like you very much? Wool underwear? Yikes!

That girl loved me... she even asked me ro marry her but she had an evil streak - I don't do evil. Heck the only reason I'm married now is because my wife asked me to marry her, I said no but then about 2 weeks later I said yes.

Last edited:

milkmansdaughter

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
:lol:I think it was things like that picture that turned most of us AWAY from crocheting and knitting in the first place!! I wouldn't have let them show MY face in the picture either!:gig

wyoDreamer

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I don't crochet, but I do Tat. My grandma did knitting and tatting. I couldn't figure out the knitting, so I am the grand-daughter that tats. :)
I am good with knots!

Chic Rustler

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
my wife loves it. She has never made anything like that rug tho. That's amazing!

Calista

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
In an earlier life I crocheted a LOT....until Carpal Tunnel Syndrome set in. I've made several afghans, lots of scarves, hats, Christmas ornaments and even cute little Christmas trees that you would slip down over a Styrofoam cone. For years I'd make an afghan or two every winter and give them as gifts. Wish I could still do it....maybe if I go really slow and don't do too much at a time I could actually start creating again.

Yes, try a skein of soft bulky yarn and a P hook with just single crochet stitches. You never know...good luck.