Anybody Crochet?

Calista

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I have seen the micro crochet too. I have never tried any of them, the tiny hooks are difficult to use! Ha!

I do love the rug though. I would imagine you would have to sit on the floor and crochet when it started to get big? :D Huge spaces needed to work on it. :)

Yes, I have seen pictures of crocheters on the floor with their Q hooks, bent over their work on folded knees. At my age, just the thought of that makes me cringe. I'd figure something out with a piece of plywood on sawhorses instead.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I never learned to crochet or knit. I did needle point and sewing years ago, but haven't done either in a long time. I am admiring all the beautiful work posted here!

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Those tiny animals are amazing and the rug is awesome! I had a crocheted blanket from my great gran. She used (knitting) wool and sewed together crocheted squares. It was lovely. My mom, for as long as I remember, wanted a crocheted table cloth, but due to the amount of work, they were quite expensive. She did buy one eventually.

Yes, I have seen pictures of crocheters on the floor with their Q hooks, bent over their work on folded knees. At my age, just the thought of that makes me cringe. I'd figure something out with a piece of plywood on sawhorses instead.
Spreading it on a table maybe? Then you can still sit and work and have it off your lap/the floor at least.

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score

Those tiny animals are amazing and the rug is awesome! I had a crocheted blanket from my great gran. She used (knitting) wool and sewed together crocheted squares. It was lovely. My mom, for as long as I remember, wanted a crocheted table cloth, but due to the amount of work, they were quite expensive. She did buy one eventually.

Spreading it on a table maybe? Then you can still sit and work and have it off your lap/the floor at least.

I'm definitely too old to crochet on the floor. I might be able to get up! :lol:. Great idea Sumi, a table would work well. :) Calista, sawhorses is a wonderful idea too, anything to hold it up! :)

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I had a girlfriend that crocheted me a pair of wool underwear once. It was the Itchiest stuff you would ever want to house the jewels in - I'm telling you that.

Last edited:

Calista

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I had a girlfriend that crocheted me a pair of wool underwear once. It was the Itchiest stuff you would ever want to house the jewels in - I'm telling you that.

One of these, right? (I'm trying to picture a guy actually agreeing to model these, much less actually wear them.)

il_570xN.463029880_4rz8.jpg

TwoCrows

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Some more examples of CROCHET GONE BAD:

crochet-toilet-paper2.jpg

2550c8eb3134e22ab4627749fb66db90.jpg

fc5b4e13f35ba9c084e1095518920b34--crochet-dresses-knit-dress.jpg

389c4c485d9fdd43a4ad9e82a4c3b16b.jpg

crochet-shorts-schuyler-ellers-lord-von-schmitt-9.jpg

972312386df0436485efe15d232b525c--weird-fashion-fashion-fashion.jpg

I'd like to hope NOBODY actually crocheted these things to be taken seriously.

Maybe they were bored and had nothing better to do than crochet these things. :lol: