Anyone else drink raw milk?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
That's a pretty good price for pet consumption!

I sell some extra milk (for my friend's sickly dog) for $8.00 a gallon and that is at the 'friend' rate. I've seen it go for as much as $12 per gallon around here.

So, you're doing pretty good to get it for $3.00...just make sure that it's from good healthy cows!

mississippifarmboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
We can't sell raw cow's milk here in Mississippi, but can sell raw goats milk as long as we don't own more than 9 goats. Go figure. :rolleyes:

Our ummmm barter? price would be $4 a gallon. If I was to be a criminal and break the law and sell this horrible, deadly raw milk. :hide

Mickey328

Power Conserver
Reaction score
LOL...some of those laws are so ridiculous...and yet some of the things that ARE okay are horrible!

Gonna go get raw milk for "the animals" tomorrow morning...woohoo! I didn't realize what a deal I was getting...that'll make it even better :D

donrae

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
That's a great deal! Enjoy your creamy goodness.

Mickey328

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I'm excited. Dave (DH) says he'll give it a try and see if his system can tolerate it. Too bad there isn't a way to know other than trying it and seeing if his tummy gives him fits for it. I've actually never had raw milk before either, so I'm looking forward to giving it a try. Not too sure, though...I generally drink 1% since regular whole milk is almost too creamy for my taste. Still, I want to make cheese, butter, yogurt and all that good stuff even if we can't just drink it.

Mickey328

Power Conserver
Reaction score
OMgosh! The milk is wonderful! I had to taste it of course...to make sure it's okay for my animals ;) Very nice young woman, got to meet the cow who's a lovely Guernsey named Buttercup. All three dogs came running, chasing the car and alerting her to visitors and getting scritches. Mama and new baby donkey also had to come for some loving and got to see her mixed flock of chickens. She's living the life I want, dang it! LOL. Well, not totally...she's pregnant with their first and I'm at that point where "other people's kids" are fantastic ;)

mississippifarmboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Isn't it wonderful Mickey? Anyone who has never gotten to try fresh raw milk, less than 12 hours old, fresh from the cow and chilled... They are missing out!

Wait until the cream rises then spoon some cream out over fresh sliced strawberries and it's about as close to heaven as you can get while still breathing. :love

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
ARGH - stop it! I want cream!

The pygmy gives good creamy milk - but on a quart of milk I might get a couple spoons of cream. I do love it, maybe because it's so scarce!

animalfarm

Power Conserver
Reaction score
mississippifarmboy said:
Isn't it wonderful Mickey? Anyone who has never gotten to try fresh raw milk, less than 12 hours old, fresh from the cow and chilled... They are missing out!

Wait until the cream rises then spoon some cream out over fresh sliced strawberries and it's about as close to heaven as you can get while still breathing. :love
Over fresh tree ripened peaches gets you even closer.

mississippifarmboy

Power Conserver
Reaction score
animalfarm said:
mississippifarmboy said:

Over fresh tree ripened peaches gets you even closer.
Ohhh come on now! I only have two peach trees and the kids turned the goats in the yard about the time they got ripe this year. My total peach harvest? Zip. :hit

Now I want peaches and cream. :(

Latest posts