Anyone have a kitchenaide mixer?

Jamsoundsgood

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I love mine, bought the professional version they sell at costco. The only attachment I've used is the grain grinder, which is a waste in my opinion. But I love the mixer. I grew up with a Bosch mixer too, which my mother still thinks I'm crazy not to have gotten, because you know, she's always right.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's just what I was going to say. I have the "Home" model. The head tilts back. The bigger one the whole top rises up if I am not mistaken. I find sometimes my bowl is to small.

Anyone know if the have a bigger bowl?

gina

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
That's the mixer I have. It has a six quart bowl and the largest motor they make. It purrs through the Christmas cookie dough, I couldn't make the cookies without it anymore, my hand strength is gone because of the arthritis. Greg bought me the grinder attachment, and a couple of others, I haven't used them yet, but I will. I did buy a BeaterBlade, the best accessory I've ever seen for the KitchenAid, it scrapes down the bowl beautifully, it's the blade that should come with the mixer in the first place. It sits on my counter, I named her Martha :)

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Absolutely, it does great with bread dough. Nothing slows it down. It's not the same as the one they sell everywhere, I think it's $399 - I got it for Christmas two years ago. It is well worth it if you use a stand mixer a lot.

TanksHill

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
That's great. I have the regular house model. Do you know if the attachments for the head are interchangeable???

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
I got the Beater Blade, too. I can't believe I paid $29 for a hunk of plastic, but it really works well.

reinbeau

Moderator Extraordinaire
Reaction score
TanksHill said:
That's great. I have the regular house model. Do you know if the attachments for the head are interchangeable???
The attachments work on all of them, as far as I know.

VickiLynn said:
I got the Beater Blade, too. I can't believe I paid $29 for a hunk of plastic, but it really works well.
I didn't mind paying it, considering the cost of the other attachments, and I really wasn't happy with the lack of mixing that little bit down next to that bump on the bottom of the bowl, and how much scraping by hand I had to do with the regular blade. As I said, I think it should be OEM equipment on every KitchenAid.

Latest posts