Anyone looking for a great dog... pit bulls that need a home ASAP

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Occamstazer said:
I shouldn't have looked, either.
I want the third one!
His name is Livingston... He's 9 years old, has been at the shelter for SEVEN years... he's a sharpei/pit bull mix and is possibly going blind... He would be a special needs dog because of his eyesight...

The older ones make me the saddest, he hasn't had much of a life up to this point...

What I need is a giant farm where I can keep all these animals... give them a warm fuzzy bed, unlimited hugs and healthy food, to spend their retirement years.

BBH, the fourth one's name is Zee... he's about 2 years old, picked up as a stray, outgoing, friendly but can be a little pushy (as most pit bulls are anyway... lol )

miss_thenorth

Frugal Homesteader
Reaction score
I like 5 and 7. but they wouldn't let me take them, so i guess its safe to say that. When we first moved to LaSalle, just outside of windsor, I called up insurance, and we had to switch our insurance companies, because they wouldn't insure our home, b/c we had a rottweiler. A dog on the "dangerous breeds list" Sucks to be them, we just found a company who would insure us. Without starting a whole thread on the ignorance of people who think it is the dogs fault--not the owners, i really hope these dogs find forever homes. so sad. I have met many pibbles in my life and loved them all--they were all wonderfully behaved dogs. but I have alwasy been a sucker for the muscle breeds.

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
We have a pit of our own and just took in my bil's. Unfortunately where we live an elderly lady not far from us (a couple miles) was attacked by two pits and nearly died, so feelings around here are not good about pits. I live in fear that one of ours will get loose and be killed. they just don't listen when you try to expain that the owner is at fault and not the breed. I have no fear of ours attacking anything or anybody, but I do have fear what the people around us would do to one. (especially since one of ours looks just like one that attacked the lady!)

The Vail Benton's

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
7 years is a long time for a dog to be at a shelter. I wonder if he even remembers anything else? I wish my bully would allow another dog in our home.

Occamstazer

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
AAGH! Why did you tell me he's old! I love old dogs :(

Really I absolutely cannot take him. I have four dogs! But I wish I could :-(
I will ask a few friends who are dog nuts too if they can take one.

big brown horse

Hoof In Mouth
Reaction score
Tell me about the 4th one down.

That sucks that those dogs are left in a shelter for so long. I reallly can't get over that. :(

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
Tell me about the 4th one down.

That sucks that those dogs are left in a shelter for so long. I reallly can't get over that. :(
All they had listed for him was that he's 2 years old and a neutered male... I emailed the shelter to see if they can send me his temperment test as well as any info they have on him...

As sad as it is, I really think that in cases like this where the dogs can't be adopted out in that area it would have been more humane to just put them to sleep as they came in instead of letting them spend their lives locked in a concrete kennel without much interaction....

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Just wanted to update everyone:

ALL these dogs are SAFE!

Several found homes, and 4 are flying to a pit bull rescue in Calgary where they will live in foster homes until they can be adopted to their permanent homes :)

:thumbsup

:weee

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
:thumbsup :weee

So happy to hear that.
A few years ago my DD had a pitbull (rescued), when I had to renew home owner's insurance the company refused to insure me, because of the pit. I ended up paying 3 times as much for insurance!! :barnie and she was such a sweetie too! But I wasn't going to make DD give up her dog, because of stupid people!!!

From now on all our dogs are "mixed breed"