Anyone looking for a great dog... pit bulls that need a home ASAP

sylvie

Recycled Spunk
Reaction score
FarmerDenise said:
:thumbsup :weee

So happy to hear that.
A few years ago my DD had a pitbull (rescued), when I had to renew home owner's insurance the company refused to insure me, because of the pit. I ended up paying 3 times as much for insurance!! :barnie and she was such a sweetie too! But I wasn't going to make DD give up her dog, because of stupid people!!!

From now on all our dogs are "mixed breed"
A town close to us has an ordinance against pit bulls. When the pit bull owners saw it coming they began crossing the pits with labradors, poodles, you name it, etc. They were still gaming these cross bred dogs. Now, with an amended ordinance, if it has even a slight semblance to a pit; it goes.

:) Yes! Glad to know the dogs were saved. :)

hwillm1977

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
sylvie said:
A town close to us has an ordinance against pit bulls. When the pit bull owners saw it coming they began crossing the pits with labradors, poodles, you name it, etc. They were still gaming these cross bred dogs. Now, with an amended ordinance, if it has even a slight semblance to a pit; it goes.

:) Yes! Glad to know the dogs were saved. :)
Yep, that's how the law in Ontario goes... one family with a PUREBRED, PAPERED black lab had to take it to court to determine that their dog may 'show too many characteristics consistent with a pit bull type dog' but it wasn't in fact a pit bull.

There are tons of breeds that can resemble them, and with ordinances like that, all those breeds can be targeted...

Here's my favourite 'find the pit bull page' I've taken this to city council meetings to fight legislation :)

http://www.pitbullsontheweb.com/petbull/findpit.html