Apple Cider Vinegar Bragging thread!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Please tell me all the health benefits you have noticed since using ACV as a supplement in your diet.

I started taking it before meals today to try to aid in weight loss and leveling out my blood sugars.
Taking 2 tsp along with a dash of raw honey and a little water to wash it down.
Anyone else have benefits I should know about?

Thanks everyone!

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
When used as a hair rinse it really makes your hair shine. -- Sorry, best I can do. I use it in salad dressings and cooking (and hair care), but don't take it as a supplement. Maybe that will change based on further comments here :)

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
big brown horse said:
I take a spoonful when I have heartburn. It clears it up in seconds!

All the animals get it in their water too.
Really cause I have had heartburn since taking it :idunno I hope it just takes some getting used to.

Mackay

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
sufficientforme said:
big brown horse said:
I take a spoonful when I have heartburn. It clears it up in seconds!

All the animals get it in their water too.
Really cause I have had heartburn since taking it :idunno I hope it just takes some getting used to.
They say its suppose to help heartburn but it just gives me heartburn also so it hasn't been good medicine for me.

valmom

Crafter
Reaction score
My MIL uses it for reflux and heartburn. I talked her into trying it once when she couldn't get rid of her cough from reflux. She says it works for her. Chemically it makes sense to me- a weak acid (ACV) will buffer a strong acid (stomach acid). If you use a bicarbonate type of base it neutralizes the stomach acid, increasing the pH so your stomach is driven to produce more acid to get back to the pH it wants to be at. I think the buffering is a better, gentler way to go and you don't get as much rebound acid production.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
It suppresses appetite and helps eliminate water retention

FarmerDenise

Out to pasture
Reaction score
I take it with about 1/2 ts honey and water. I find it a refreshing drink on a hot summer day. My grandmother used it to combat her arthritis. I find it helped me with reflux/heartburn. I haven't taken the "purple" pill in over a year!
I don't know if it helps with my arthritis, because I made several other changes too. But my arthritis is way better.

Rebecka

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Sunburn, poison ivy /oak , swelling due to injuries , scalp treatment for flakes, water conditioner, in the steamer for veggies and for our sinus troubles. Now that I think about it, I use it so much for minor medical issues that the very smell of it makes me feel better over all.:lol: