Apple Cider Vinegar Bragging thread!

bjmstahl

Power Conserver
Reaction score
My husband has been taking the honey and ACV for about 15 years and he said it has helped his joints and rarely gets sick. My son-in-law takes it for acid reflux and he said it works in seconds. We gave it to our dog. We weren't sure what he had, but he was losing hair, had an itchy type rash and stunk horribly. Took him to two Vets and they did all kinds of tests, gave him medication to try and nothing worked. I went to the library and got a book on natural healing for pets and it suggested ACV in the water. Within two days the stinking stopped, his hair started growing back and the rash was gone. We gave it to him for about a month and never had a problem again.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I use it for the ducks. When ever I have had a weak, listless duck, I put ACV in the water and it perks them right up.

VickiLynn

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
ORChick said:
Tallman said:
I go out an get some stinging nettle, fill up a quart jar, pour in the ACV, let it set a couple of months, take out the nettle, squeezing out the ACV, and take a teaspoon of this "nettleized" vinegar morning and evening. I have done the same with dandelion.
That sounds interesting. May I ask what benefits you've received from doing this? I know nettles, and dandelions, are full of good things, but have you got a specific purpose in mind, or obtained specific results from doing this? Thanks.
I didn't know nettles were good for anything! We have a lot of them growing around our barn. I'll have to research this. My boys used to take off their shirts and have nettle fights!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Okay so I am really starting to enjoy taking the ACV I am finding the tartness refreshing.
Since starting this on the 11th I have lost 3.5 lbs without changing my diet at all :weee

Icu4dzs

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
mrbstephens said:
My dentist just suggested I take ACV as a supplement. He says it helps lower body pH. He says If your body chemistry is acidic you tend to get more cavities.
I guess this statement completely confuses me. ACV is an acid; Acetic Acid to be precise. The statement to add ACV to one's diet to lower the pH makes sense. The lower the pH, the more ACID the body chemical environment. The part that confuses me is that if the dentist tells you to take more acid and then tells you that a more acid environment makes you "tend to get more cavities" I guess I would want to ask the dentist to explain the reasoning for the ACV. The body wants to be at a pH of 7.4 which is only slightly alkaline on the pH scale. Most of the buffering of the body chemistry is done by the kidney and the breathing apparatus. Perhaps I didn't understand what the dentist was telling you, however I do agree that a little ACV with some honey (for palatability) and 8 ounces of water three times a day is beneficial to how you feel; at least it does for me.:thumbsup

bornthrifty

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
love acv, and my homemade pinapple vinegar,
both help me with my arthritis, generally less swelling, and more energy

ph is an interesting thing, I believe I have heard that before that an acidic body gets more cavaties, and more negative health in general

however word of warning!!!!!

brush your teeth after you use vinegar, because left on your teeth all day
causes your enemal to break down, tooth sensitivity and I think it causes cavities ? I think ? (remember that science experiment where you place an egg in vingar)

so it is good for your body but not your teeth! ( I learned this the hard way, very sensitive teeth now I brush even more, and use enamal building mouth washes and toothpastes)

urban dreamer

I wanna farm
Reaction score
I had a little jar of ACV that has a big loogy of a mother growing in it. My step FIL trew it away before I could use the mother to make more ACV. :(

I have been putting ACV in my chicken's water for a while now. It really seems to keep the worms and lice away. I never thought about taking it myself. :/

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am really enjoying it and the small weight loss is a bonus! I find it really refreshing.
I have been reading up on it's benefits and since arthritis runs really bad in our family I am hoping it will help with that also.

freemotion

Food Guru
Reaction score
Icu4dzs said:
mrbstephens said:
My dentist just suggested I take ACV as a supplement. He says it helps lower body pH. He says If your body chemistry is acidic you tend to get more cavities.
I guess this statement completely confuses me. ACV is an acid; Acetic Acid to be precise. The statement to add ACV to one's diet to lower the pH makes sense. The lower the pH, the more ACID the body chemical environment. The part that confuses me is that if the dentist tells you to take more acid and then tells you that a more acid environment makes you "tend to get more cavities" I guess I would want to ask the dentist to explain the reasoning for the ACV. The body wants to be at a pH of 7.4 which is only slightly alkaline on the pH scale. Most of the buffering of the body chemistry is done by the kidney and the breathing apparatus. Perhaps I didn't understand what the dentist was telling you, however I do agree that a little ACV with some honey (for palatability) and 8 ounces of water three times a day is beneficial to how you feel; at least it does for me.:thumbsup
It is because of the way our body digests it. It creates an "alkaline ash" as some describe it. Many acidic veggies will also alkalinize the body. It's not like it is directly mixing with our bodies' fluids, it gets quite processed first. That confused me, too, then I heard a ND explain it while teaching on healthy digestion and restoring proper pH to the body/blood.

Interestingly, refined foods/carbs are not acidic, but will acidify the body rapidly.

kristenm1975

Power Conserver
Reaction score
I've had persistent dandruff, scaly, flakey, ITCHY. Rinsed with ACV mixed with rosewater and diluted with water, and wow! Just one treatment and it's almost all gone. I've had it for almost a year. Wondering why the heck I didn't do it sooner. I think next time I'll dilute it a little more since I smelled like feet for the next day or so, despite having rewashed.

Latest posts