Apple Cider Vinegar Bragging thread!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I use regular vinegar on sunburns but have never tried ACV. Day 2 have not had heartburn since taking this morning, hopefully that won't happen again. I am taking twice a day.

How long do you leave on scalp and do you use white or ACV?

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I go out an get some stinging nettle, fill up a quart jar, pour in the ACV, let it set a couple of months, take out the nettle, squeezing out the ACV, and take a teaspoon of this "nettleized" vinegar morning and evening. I have done the same with dandelion.

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Tallman said:
I go out an get some stinging nettle, fill up a quart jar, pour in the ACV, let it set a couple of months, take out the nettle, squeezing out the ACV, and take a teaspoon of this "nettleized" vinegar morning and evening. I have done the same with dandelion.
That sounds interesting. May I ask what benefits you've received from doing this? I know nettles, and dandelions, are full of good things, but have you got a specific purpose in mind, or obtained specific results from doing this? Thanks.

Tallman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
ORChick said:
Tallman said:
That sounds interesting. May I ask what benefits you've received from doing this? I know nettles, and dandelions, are full of good things, but have you got a specific purpose in mind, or obtained specific results from doing this? Thanks.
I read about it somewhere. The idea is that the vinegar leaches all of the nutrition out of the herb. In any case, here is a site will help you out.

http://www.yougrowgirl.com/use/recipe_herbalvinegar.php

ORChick

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Thank you Tallman. I've bookmarked that site to study later. It looks like it has a lot of useful information.

Wifezilla

Low-Carb Queen - RIP: 1963-2021
Reaction score
I read about it somewhere. The idea is that the vinegar leaches all of the nutrition out of the herb. In any case, here is a site will help you out.
. That's exactly it. Especially the minerals. Dandelions are very high in calcium.

mrbstephens

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
My dentist just suggested I take ACV as a supplement. He says it helps lower body pH. He says If your body chemistry is acidic you tend to get more cavities.

PunkinPeep

Humble Ambitions
Reaction score
mrbstephens said:
My dentist just suggested I take ACV as a supplement. He says it helps lower body pH. He says If your body chemistry is acidic you tend to get more cavities.
oooh emm gee! :ep that's awesome!

sufficientforme

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have noticed a slight decrease in my appetite, I am hoping it's the ACV but I am not sure. Thanks for all the input, very interesting reasons for using ACV in our diets. Keep them coming!