Are we living our dream?

frustratedearthmother

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Glad you're doing better even if you're not back to the health status that you want. Hopefully that will happen in due time. It's good to hear that you have goals you'd like to reach. I think that helps everyone!

So good to hear from you!

Missa@#5252

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Things didn’t work out well for my grandnephew at school and he needs to be homeschooled. He has been home at least a week now and my niece hasn’t found a free homeschool program for him but I think she really needs something spiritual because she broke down today and told me she can’t do it anymore. I found a Catholic school with a really cheap pre-K and kindergarten curriculum. I think I will splurge. Waiting for a return call.
🙏🙏🙏💜💙❤️

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Have no idea what is wrong with me but I just got over a UTI (at least I think so) and suddenly my left leg wants to fail me at random times when I’m walking, standing, trying to sit down. I get some strange, unpleasant sensation and then it hurts. So far I haven’t fallen down. But I did submit a specimen to see if I am clear. How is this about self sufficiency?? How is it it not? I can’t do blankety blank like this!! Oh I forced myself to do the bare minimum yesterday and last night. Fortunately I have leftovers so I just need fresh rice and I’m going to have food. But I also have a bunch of wild ducks that haven’t been plucked. I finally bagged the coon and put it in the freezer. Oh man…. I hope if it’s a pinched nerve it lets go soon. Getting old sucks!!

Mini Horses

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I was sure in planting mode....plants started, they're popping up. We've had a LOT of rain and last two days, I believe winter came back 😱. Cold & heavy frost yesterday & today. Not making me happy 😵‍💫. Nice to see your weather is better!

Fresh berries are Sooo good!!

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
There is this type of pumpkin that the old-timers used to use locally. It wasn’t that pretty orange color that is traditionally used in jack-o’-lanterns. It’s something that I used to see when I was a little girl growing up. All the old farmers had it it was very pale. I would like to find it because sometimes it’s in high demand especially from older people. It’s very meaty. If I can figure a way to control the grass and weeds in the orchard I can double dip and have a huge pumpkin patch. Not sure if I can really sell them though. I would need to find out how many locals really care to cook it. But I imagine pumpkin is on clearance everywhere now.
Any chance it was this one? https://www.rareseeds.com/store/vegetables/winter-squash/long-island-cheese-pumpkin

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
No but thanks. We taking a little road trip tomorrow so maybe I will luck out. Going to the grain elevator to get a ton of corn.