Are we living our dream?

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I am home 😔. I am supposed to at work. I just got back from the city. I had to take DH to the hospital after letting him go to the doctor for a well visit. Not so well actually. He is officially back in atrial fib but he was in some kind of rhythm that I never even heard of… doc called it atrial flutter 🤷‍♀️ His heart was seriously racing and he got two IV pushes of medicine to decrease the pulse and released him.
Went to Waffle House cuz nothing else open and was getting kinda concerned about the people who were showing up. I am sure I have never been in a place where so many women made me feel that uncomfortable before. And I am afraid the service was really bad but I didn’t complain.
So I am going on my off time early. Well I got green beans and potatoes I could harvest and we need to get a ton of corn by the river tomorrow.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
it takes a few times through for us to get some things picked too. Mom does one round, i follow along and try to get what she's missed. even after that we both might still miss and have to get it the next round through. some plants i leave a few fruits on intentionally because for later seed harvest.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
i don't like to regularly take pain killers or anti-inflammatories but once in a while a few days of ibuprofen before bed can usually knock the worst of my pain back enough. for me it isn't arthritis it is lower back pain.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I can’t believe I am off!! And it’s quiet. Drinking coffee. DH headed to the orchard to meet up with a friend on a bush hog. He asked me to meet them with a bucket of chicken later but the line at Popeyes is over an hour wait. It finally opened since Ida and people can’t get enough 🤷‍♀️ It will be nice. I will bring Trouble because I still don’t trust her. Well Snoopy knocked over his gate while we were gone yesterday and had free run of the house with Trouble. No injuries but I don’t want to assume everything okay. My younger children probably all have the Coronavirus at my ex. DD 19 is in summer school and probably caught it from a classmate. It will be her 2nd time and yeah she is vaccinated 🤷‍♀️ I am keeping contact.
DH is in a normal heart rhythm now. We found out yesterday. I don’t know why they don’t just go for Digoxin first. His hospital bill is over $50,000 with other ridiculous fees that his insurance paid all but $200 of and it didn’t even work. All it took was Digoxin.
I just want a positive day and stay so productive. I have been getting texts from my youngest DD….the wild child when I am working nights. She loves the orchard and the outdoors. I wish I could pick her up now.
A few days ago DH told me he realized neither of us really want to be in the old house. He says he wants to go to his farm and I want to go to mine. He is right. Even if we fix his place I will want something in place for myself.
I wonder if I am going shopping for anything trailer or lawnmower related today or tomorrow 🤷‍♀️