Are we living our dream?

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
She did manage to get me on a good roll before. Maybe I can get back in shape with her.
DD and I are at the training center. She is getting back in Taekwondo. She is a red belt. Gotta at least get a black belt. It’s been a while. There are 5 other kids. All boys.
DH actually impressed with the house by the time I left. Maybe it’s not too late for a New Years resolution.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It’s so quiet here now. DD left with her English, Math and Reading lessons and books to go to her dad’s house. I sent him several text messages so he is on board with the plan.
I am trying to recuperate from a chest cold. And I bought some keto flour and nuts and a bunch of eggs. I need to get ready for my doctor visit in March. If I just sit here and sleep and eat I will never be able to convince him I don’t need his cholesterol medicine.
So when DD and I went on the road today we went to the only public library that wasn’t damaged in our area and I hit the book sale. I got a few recipe books for healing and paleo diet ideas that I hope will help me tip the scale in my favor. I then bought stuff for the puppy and school and then I went to the pharmacy to get DH’s medicine and found out my doctor hadn’t called anything in for me so I’m still on my own. Before I am even home I find out DH will have fresh cinnamon rolls by 1:00. Nice. Oh well I didn’t tell him my plans. I feel like I am cramming for a test I have neglected to study for. So like if I can just drop 15 pounds and significantly decrease my cholesterol I will give myself an A+.
An old friend from school gave me her deceased mom’s wardrobe so my wardrobe just went from one extreme to the next.
So now it’s to not allow myself to become depressed with DD being gone and actually act like I know something about farming and frugality.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
You will have to get him on board with the diet plan. It’s hard enough to diet, without all the sweets being shoved in front of you. If he keeps on with the sweets, take your portion and dump it in the trash. Then get a celery stick. He’s got to realize you are serious, losing weight is now a health issue for you.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
It’s pancake day and I am about to make a keto pancake. It’s hard to flip so I will make it tiny. I ordered some Carbquick. I find it slightly easier to use than nut flours from the store. I would love a few pointers. Maybe I can just use it for baking. I think DH is trying today to eat right. Never mind. He went for the corn flakes 🤷‍♀️ I really thought I had lettuce but it was a cabbage. Guess I got to fix that.
Well it’s raining. Looks like it will rain until Saturday. Not much outside chores in that. Maybe bare minimum.

flowerbug

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
It’s pancake day and I am about to make a keto pancake. It’s hard to flip so I will make it tiny. I ordered some Carbquick. I find it slightly easier to use than nut flours from the store. I would love a few pointers. Maybe I can just use it for baking. I think DH is trying today to eat right. Never mind. He went for the corn flakes 🤷‍♀️ I really thought I had lettuce but it was a cabbage. Guess I got to fix that.
Well it’s raining. Looks like it will rain until Saturday. Not much outside chores in that. Maybe bare minimum.

for me it is so hard to not eat junk food if it is around. any carbohydrate is fair game. it takes a lot of will power to be consistent to make progress. so one day a week we are allowed to go a bit off schedule and at times that day is not on the same day each week but we generally do stick to it. the hard part is that Mom thinks i want things and i don't. like the apple fritter she bought for me the other day. i really didn't want it, but i also hate wasting food so i will not throw it away or feed it to the birds or anything like that, i'll eat it. but i did tell her to not buy me any donuts again unless i specifically ask for it. and i won't for at least the next few months. it wasn't even that good and i'm usually a sucker for carbs and grease.

so it really helps for us both to be trying at the same time (same for those who both smoke it's very hard if the other person doesn't also try to quit at the same time).

this time of the year bumping up the exercise is the hardest part. i need to do it, sometimes i do, but most of the time i'm still too sedentary. tomorrow i'll be shovelling snow so that will help. :)

keep on trying, even if you fail here or there it's always a new day and new times to keep on trying. :)

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I made a mistake!! I told DH I think about cleaning up the front bedroom, which has become the disaster room, and turning it into a sewing room and he says…how about we work on that today? Okay so I tell him first let’s clean the table on the back porch so we can put the table saw then let’s put the generator where the clothes dryer was so it’s all ready to go, then we can fight over where we will put the attic ladder that he found on sale for $100. I have a feeling it will be really hard to organize the shop but done it before. He said he wants a portable island in the kitchen for extra knives and pots. Grr. I need less stuff in the kitchen…not more.

Medicine Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I have a confession. Last night after we made our rounds and put the new rabbits in the cages we redeemed a feed the family coupon at BK. But I didn’t pig out. It’s the first time I have eaten bread and potatoes in a while. But I am good now.
So maybe what we need is good record keeping and careful feeding at certain times a day. I am fairly certain DH has been feeding the rabbits like how he feeds himself. Note…if DH and I are going on a road trip and y’all realize we will be passing through y’all might not want to say anything. One thing for sure….he already has 2 farms set up for rabbits and then he is bringing rabbits to his childhood home. I probably just got to ease my way to the rabbits and kick him out. Maybe start writing the honeymoons down and make nests and hide the feed. Some of the escapees mated in front of him this morning. I told him we need to remember that and capture at least the red female ASAP.
He already has a friend (he calls them’podna’s’) here and another on the way. He said he might kill a pig. I told him if he kills the pig to kill the goat as well and make sausage. I hope he does kill them. Less is more. Two unwanted males in one shot.