Are we living our dreams?

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Sorry....musta got side tracked. I do believe eventually a cop looked at our caller ID and realized we were telling the truth and also arrested him. He left the neighborhood in shame.....not that I am rejoicing. He came to no good. He was from a rich family....grandfather was hardworking. Well, he and his 4 children all came into a certain amount of money, as a result of his grandfather's estate, but he somehow got hold of his 4 kids money. When his father went to check on the children's money and discovered they had none, he confronted the lawyer, in charge of the estate and the lawyer refused to talk. Apparently the grandfather didn't see to it that the minor accounts be secured, so now they have nothing. He lost his home and his marriage broke up. So I can't rejoice. I hope he finds peace in his life. I"m proud of what all he accomplished before he allowed anger and drugs to destroy him, but he didn't keep with it.

Well, I am about to have to wash up and do my Saturday night shift. My co-workers are trying to figure how to live on only 2 shifts a week, like me. Truth is, they can't. I'd have to give them a SS 101 lesson, just to give them an idea.
Kids tended to feeding chores this morning for me, so I could sleep and DS and I milked the goat and picked up one single egg :( for our kitchen, before calling it a day. I did notice that there were some wet spots in the barn, but expected worse. I had dug some little trinches...just big enough to bury a large dog in some of the stalls and buried about 15 Mogan David bottles in each, capping them off with limestone to help with drainage and to use the mud from the holes to ever so slightly raise the ground level. Seemed like it helped. Think I will do it a bit more in some of the low spots.

Gotta decrease expenses soon. Got 3 muscovies, 4 pekings, 3 roosters and 3 geese to slaughter. One thing at a time.

I am worried about my goats because I never did find out what went wrong with my first goat....although I think it was her getting out and browsing where she shouldn't. My sister has an olliander. Well, I"m wondering if there is something I should be doing regularily to avoid my does just dropping dead. I'm told they are prone to coccidia and so far, I have just lucked out. They both seem fine, but I'd like to keep them that way. Thinking I should get an actual dairy breed, so when I milk, I actually get enough milk to make a difference to my family. Gotta make a milking stand though. If I showed ya'll how I'm pulling it off, ya'll just might not believe it.

Well, I somehow didn't rob my bees and I don't know if I'm too late. Don't know why I didn't. The thought of tackling it, is harder than actually getting there and doing it. Once I'm into it, its not so bad.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Dreams currently getting side tracked. DH and I had a huge blowout and he is currently residing with out oldest. Claims he will divorce me, but time will tell. Sometimes I feel Okay and other times not. Trying to be positive for my little ones.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I hear that from my hubby all the time. I've gotten to the point where I just ignore him. I'm fine either way.

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Some days are meaner to me than other days. Its too early for me to take a nerve pill, so I am drinking a cup of chamomile tea. When you are not sure what tomorrow brings, it can get to you, even if you are a christian. Easy to convince your mind of something, but your heart and soul might take longer to accept.

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
:( Sorry sis....it seems marriages are getting harder every day. I hope you two work things out soon. Remember our conversations when me and DH were split, and hang in there. Yeah, even Christians have these issues at times. I am so sorry you are going through this mess too. It's heartbreaking. I love you lady!! Be strong, and keep praying!! :hugs :hugs

Britesea

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Does it seem like some people don't try as hard to keep a marriage working, since it's relatively easy to end one these days? (I'm not saying you aren't trying, rhoda_bruce, just making a general observation)

rhoda_bruce

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
If I painted a picture of exactly what happened, it wouldn't look pretty. There are many who wonder that I have stayed married this long, but I'm old school. It hurts and I'm not sure this is the end, but my kids want us divorced. I don't exactly want to be divorced, but there are a lot of things I don't want and got anyway. Life can be so cruel sometimes. I wake up in the morning and it is so calm and the devil figures a way to sneek in, quiet like and my insides start shaking. Looking forward to some strength to set in.

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
Same here. I think that's part of the reason I've stayed married so long. But, I'm not sure how much longer we're going to last. And, I'm not sure how much I care any longer. :hugs