Are you registered to vote?

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
Our presidential elections came and went quietly last week. Michael D. Higgins got re-elected. That's all. No big fanfare or big deals about it. I like that :) I'm not registered to vote here, I'm waiting until I become a citizen and that is still a year and a few months off.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Everything us a big deal here. Sigh. I tried to avoid discussing politics on Facebook. I got involved in a rather cordial disagreement with someone, all was well until someone else piped in and attacked. Boy I love that BLOCK button. No time for that nonsense.

My daughter likes to vote with me. Of course it's more exciting when it's a presidential election but at least voting for governor is exciting for her too lol

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I tried to avoid discussing politics on Facebook. I got involved in a rather cordial disagreement with someone, all was well until someone else piped in and attacked.
That is why we have the rule saying we discourage political discussions on Nifty's forums. There is almost always someone attacking and refusing to be civil about it. I don't mind discussions like that here (obviously!), because we're all mature and civil here and can even have a friendly argument without things getting nasty.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Not for me. I talk homeschooling, pigs and sheep, and keep in touch with very few people. I'm liberal with the "block" button. It's a good tool if used properly.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I have a FB page, but rarely post anything. Too much stupid stuff.

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
Nope. I've only ever voted once in my life and that time was a mistake, so, no, I don't vote.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We get our ballots in the mail here and then have to send them back, or drop at the library drop box. We get county ballots a few times a year for different things that come up

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I ignore all the political and religious stuff some of my relatives like to post. I refuse to talk about that stuff on the phone as well. I have hung up on mom over it.