1. Dismiss Notice
  2. Official SS Poll: What do you do to eliminate bills / cut down expenses?
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  3. Plastic up the porch - Discussion Thread.
    CLICK HERE!
    (if you are logged in, this notice can be dismissed using the "x" to the top right of the notice)

Dismiss Notice
  4. SS Picture of the Week (POW) - Submit your Pics Now !!
    Click HERE!

Dismiss Notice

Are you registered to vote?

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by CrealCritter, Nov 3, 2018.

1. Nov 8, 2018
    CrealCritter

CrealCritter Super Self-Sufficient

I don't know why??? My large family one of my sons and I are the only ones that vote. I have voted every since I can remember, I consider it one of the "more better" rights I have as a USA citizen.

baymule likes this.
  2. Nov 8, 2018
    Hinotori

Hinotori Super Self-Sufficient

I don't get why it isn't higher in states like Oregon and Washington where it's a mail in ballot. Just put the thing back in your mailbox and put the flag up.

It's not like the 2+ hours I had to wait at polling stations when we lived in Virginia.

3. Nov 8, 2018
    NH Homesteader

NH Homesteader Super Self-Sufficient

Mail in.... I can't imagine not bothering to do that. Wow. We have to go vote, parking is interesting but no lines.

4. Nov 8, 2018
    baymule

baymule Sustainability Master

We always vote early and watch Super Tuesday on TV.

5. Nov 8, 2018
    tortoise

tortoise Wild Hare

I'm planning to do absentee ballot next year. I've missed voting before from being sick. Almost did again this year, but with a rotten governor in office, nothing was going to keep me away!

I voted for the governor before because he *was* about fiscal responsibility and cutting back. But second term he started doing stupid crap. He used to drive a Saturn, then started takin private jet for *20 mile trip* kinda stuff. Cutting funding across the board... well, budget cuts suck but gotta keep it balanced. Then he gave a $4 BILLION incentive package to a corporation (which is like paying them $308,000 per job it creates... hmmm... that logic isn't working for me somehow. If they really wanted to make more jobs, they could have given $32,000 to every small business in the state with employees, which would create 10x as many jobs). :eek: nope, nope, nope, bye Felicia! Cost him the election, I'm certain! If he hadn't done that I might have voted for him again.

Sorry for political rant, was intended to be about why I voted. and, apparently, why a lot of other people in my state voted! LOL It was a very close race. New governor won by just a smidge, 1%.

sumi likes this.
  6. Nov 8, 2018
    NH Homesteader

NH Homesteader Super Self-Sufficient

Wow that's absurd! Our governor stayed, I like him so I'm good with that.

7. Nov 8, 2018
    tortoise

tortoise Wild Hare

Ours was popular until that last bit! There was actually a recall election and he won. I voted for him in the recall over the fiscal responsibility piece. IDK, I vote for the candidate, not the party. Have voted republican, democrat, libertarian, independent, green party before!

LOL, reminds me of a conversation I had with one of my parent's employees years ago. I might have been in high school. I went off on him about voting. "Vote for yourself! Vote for your mom! Vote for anarchy! Just vote! LOL! Seriously would make my day if a person who believes in anarchy voted for write in candidate "anarchy". :D :gig

Also, I wonder what would happen if Donald Duck gets enough votes to win office? :gig I always get a kick out of the news reports on how many write-in votes for Donald Duck in presidential elections. :gig

sumi likes this.