Are you registered to vote?

CrealCritter

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Voter turn-out in my state was record-high for midterm elections. 57% of eligible voters! I'm part delighted and partly like "seriously, why don't more people vote???"

I don't know why??? My large family one of my sons and I are the only ones that vote. I have voted every since I can remember, I consider it one of the "more better" rights I have as a USA citizen.

Hinotori

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I don't get why it isn't higher in states like Oregon and Washington where it's a mail in ballot. Just put the thing back in your mailbox and put the flag up.

It's not like the 2+ hours I had to wait at polling stations when we lived in Virginia.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Mail in.... I can't imagine not bothering to do that. Wow. We have to go vote, parking is interesting but no lines.

baymule

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
We always vote early and watch Super Tuesday on TV.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
I'm planning to do absentee ballot next year. I've missed voting before from being sick. Almost did again this year, but with a rotten governor in office, nothing was going to keep me away!

I voted for the governor before because he *was* about fiscal responsibility and cutting back. But second term he started doing stupid crap. He used to drive a Saturn, then started takin private jet for *20 mile trip* kinda stuff. Cutting funding across the board... well, budget cuts suck but gotta keep it balanced. Then he gave a $4 BILLION incentive package to a corporation (which is like paying them $308,000 per job it creates... hmmm... that logic isn't working for me somehow. If they really wanted to make more jobs, they could have given $32,000 to every small business in the state with employees, which would create 10x as many jobs). :eek: nope, nope, nope, bye Felicia! Cost him the election, I'm certain! If he hadn't done that I might have voted for him again.

Sorry for political rant, was intended to be about why I voted. and, apparently, why a lot of other people in my state voted! LOL It was a very close race. New governor won by just a smidge, 1%.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
Wow that's absurd! Our governor stayed, I like him so I'm good with that.

tortoise

Wild Hare
Reaction score
Ours was popular until that last bit! There was actually a recall election and he won. I voted for him in the recall over the fiscal responsibility piece. IDK, I vote for the candidate, not the party. Have voted republican, democrat, libertarian, independent, green party before!

LOL, reminds me of a conversation I had with one of my parent's employees years ago. I might have been in high school. I went off on him about voting. "Vote for yourself! Vote for your mom! Vote for anarchy! Just vote! LOL! Seriously would make my day if a person who believes in anarchy voted for write in candidate "anarchy". :D :gig

Also, I wonder what would happen if Donald Duck gets enough votes to win office? :gig I always get a kick out of the news reports on how many write-in votes for Donald Duck in presidential elections. :gig