Arkansas

Dace

Revolution in Progress
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
As far as the chickens loose in the car... well most of the stains have come out.:rolleyes: The one that kept trying to perch on the steering wheel really was a pain. I had a state trooper pass me and he had the look of "I don't even want to know!" on his face. We made it safe and sound, though.
:lol::gig:lol::gig
That is funny!!!

jackiedon

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Hi,

I am Jackie and I live in Central Arkansas in Bauxite. We several chickens, goats, rabbits, a horse, 2 dogs and many cats.

We just put 30 something cornish x chickens in the freezer. We didn't plant a garden this past summer due to my parents being very ill and having to take care of them. I'm hoping for one this summer. We are having to change our garden spot due to having to make more room for the horse. I've been composting a spot for this year.

Right now I only have 1 hen laying an egg. This is so rough because I haven't had to buy store bought eggs in a couple years now.

I make homemade soap, I haven't bought store bought soap in over a year.

jackie

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
HI EVERYBODY!!!!! I'm in North Central AR.. In VBC. We have 10 storm wrecked acres and are still trying to rebuildfrom the tornado, this last ice storm didn't help any either!

dacjohns

Our Frustrated Curmudgeon
Reaction score
Welcome.

There is thread about the storm. We would love to hear how you were prepared (or not) and anything else of interest and help.

jenjscott

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hello! Jen here in Southeast Arkansas. A hop skip and a jump (well maybe 25 miles) from the parson's wife. I just registered after I finally got around to coming to visit from backyard chickens. I guess like everyone else, we have become concerned about where our economy is going. DH and I have always been a little back to the earth sort-of, so we're working on polishing up old skills, stocking up on essentials, and becoming more self sufficient. It certainly won't hurt anything as we are frequently without electricity and flood every now and then.

Jen

19Dawn76

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
Hi Guys! I live in Toadsuck, right outside of Conway.