Arkansas

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
dragonlaurel said:
:frow Hi everybody ! I live in Hot Springs, in the Ouachitas.
Greetings and Salutations Dragonlaurel. It's nice to have another "Arkie in the group." We are way up north in the Hardy and Ash Flat area of the state.

I love the Ouachitas and the area around Hot Springs!

dragonlaurel

Improvising a more SS life
Reaction score
k0xxx said:
dragonlaurel said:
:frow Hi everybody ! I live in Hot Springs, in the Ouachitas.
Greetings and Salutations Dragonlaurel. It's nice to have another "Arkie in the group." We are way up north in the Hardy and Ash Flat area of the state.

I love the Ouachitas and the area around Hot Springs!
I spent a couple years here long ago, and moved back about a year ago. Missed my mountains. :love Getting married had something to do with it too, of course.

I think I've passed through your area before. Pretty area but I think there was a town nearby that was a giant speed trap. Might not be remembering right though.

19Dawn76

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
We just spent a week in Hot Springs Village and the deer were so bad they had an open deer hunting season for a couple of days. We were told they killed almost 200 deer and needed to do another.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
We are close to Hot Springs Mountain - no hunting allowed since it's walking trails all over it. We hear about people spotting a deer there once in a while. Hot Springs Village is across town from us.

backyardlivin

Sustainable Newbie
Reaction score
hello all.....i'm jeff from east arkansas. i raise chickens and rabbits, do a lil' market gardening and have a pecan orchard. i'm a single father and i homeschool my son. this is a really neat site and i hope to learn alot and make alot of good friends.

thanks and God Bless,
jeff

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
backyardlivin said:
hello all.....i'm jeff from east arkansas.
Welcome Jeff! We are located in the north central area. It's great to have you join the group. Mark

rebecca100

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Anyone else here getting sick of all the drilling? They have now completed a well right across the road from our driveway. I could almost hit it with a rock from our house. And NOW they decide to do seismic testing which means they have been trecking across our yard with cables and ribbons and such. All I have to say is..Where's MY money!!!! That $25 just doesn't cut it for all this! BTW I'm in North Central area.

dragonlaurel

Reaction score
Good luck about the drilling.
I just saw a show recently about the drilling in the Rockies and the chemicals they used in the fractionating were making the landowners really sick. Sometimes from the fumes and sometimes form groundwater intrusion.

Latest posts