At the risk of sounding crazy...

User4960

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
I have this thing called ORBITS.

Every time this beautiful planet of ours ORBITS that big bright round yellow beautiful thing called the sun up in the sky another time, I notice that I move slower than I did 12 months earlier!

Not sure it has anything to do with solar flares though.

Did you know that the smaller a star is, in general, the bigger its solar flares are? Astronomers with big telescopes are finding out more about this. Proxima Centauri, the nearest star not counting ole sol, is a little red dwarf that orbits alpha and beta centauri. Alpha and beta are about the size of sol, but proxima is a lot smaller. Proxima takes a couple million years to orbit alpha and beta. right now in its orbit around them, it is over a quarter of a light year closer than alpha and beta. Even so, it is so small and dim only a kid with great eyes can see it without a telescope. Took a long time, but astronomers finally found out it has big huge solar flares. So they checked a bunch of other small stars, and sure enough, all the small stars have big solar flares.

Small stars live longer than big stars. A big huge star might only live 10 or 20 million years and then blow up, bright as a whole galaxy. Not kidding. They call it a supernova. Now those things send out some cosmic particles that can change your DNA!

Medium sized stars like our sun live around 10 billion years, and at the end make a big POOF. These poofs happen and they make a very beautiful colorful cloud by the confusing name, planetary nebula, even though it has nothing to do with planets. Some astronomer named them that before he knew what he was talking about, before telescopes were real good, a couple hundred years ago.

Little stars, well, they live so long, kind of like john deere tractors, that nobody knows what happens to them in the end yet. Lol! Some of these little stars might have a 100 billion year lifespan. Maybe they just quietly cool off, and shrink to a gaseous ball of helium.

Team Chaos

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
You crazy, MorelCabin- ha ha ha, no- we've had a bumpy start to spring but I think that's because we went straight to working' temps, no easing into the season change. Even the dogs are gimped up because we went from Winter Stasis to Full Blown Spring 'round here.

Marshallsmyth- very fascinating and beautiful to read! I'm not sure if I'm aiming to plug along, happy to be a small star or if I want to aim a little bigger and make a POOF when I die ;)

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
For the last couple of years I've had dizzy spells but not typical dizziness where the room or scenery spins and you can't focus well. Rather it comes on like I'm walking along just fine and just start walking to one side, almost staggering, without control of the direction. Almost like walking on board a ship. I thought it was just me until my sister up in OH reported having the same kind of thing recently.

Well, I could almost imagine we were having the same health issues but then I've talked to others, not relatives, that have been experiencing the exact same symptom. Then the other day, Mom was walking out to the mailbox and came back to report the same kind of episode.

I think the earth is having tremors, or slight shifting, that our bodies can sense as a slight tilt but we don't really sense the vibration or see any changes. After reading about the sounds and vibrations in WI, it makes a little more sense than if everyone was having the same medical symptoms.

I know I had watched an episode of NatGeo that stated the poles were having a slight shift and that it was affecting the tides. I'd say the earth is going through some changes and, if the polarity of the salt water can affect the tides, then maybe they can affect us as well? We are, after all, 98% salt water.

To answer your question, Morel...no, I don't think you are going crazy. :)

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Bee, that is the kind of dizziness I get! It isn't a spinning sensation either. The woman at the health food store told me the very same thing, said that it is earth changes and ALOT of people around here are feeling it. Asked me if I was a creative type....which I am, and she said yup, that's it.
Now when I came home I tried researching this and alot of what came up was very occultic in nature so I looked for other 'changes' that it could be. That is when I came apon a few forums of people talking about the solar flares and thier affects...ahhh, all I know is that something is changing and I am definitely feeling it. Seems to happen at the same time every day...about 9 am to noon...and that is usually the BEST part of my day...not anymore.
I HAVE found though, after much research...that the solar flares have slowed down the last few days and I really have been feeling better. I sure am hoping I am not crazy. It seems that I have changed from a morning person, to an evening person in the last three weeks Makes no sense at all

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Team Chaos said:
You crazy, MorelCabin- ha ha ha, no- we've had a bumpy start to spring but I think that's because we went straight to working' temps, no easing into the season change. Even the dogs are gimped up because we went from Winter Stasis to Full Blown Spring 'round here.

Marshallsmyth- very fascinating and beautiful to read! I'm not sure if I'm aiming to plug along, happy to be a small star or if I want to aim a little bigger and make a POOF when I die ;)
Team Chaos...we had the same kind of spring...well for a week. We went from freezing and below zero temps to really hot temps overnight that lasted a week. It was crazy...Melted my 6 foot snowbanks completely in 4 days.

Marshalsmyth, that was a very interesting read :)

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
MorelCabin said:
Bee, that is the kind of dizziness I get! It isn't a spinning sensation either. The woman at the health food store told me the very same thing, said that it is earth changes and ALOT of people around here are feeling it. Asked me if I was a creative type....which I am, and she said yup, that's it.
Now when I came home I tried researching this and alot of what came up was very occultic in nature so I looked for other 'changes' that it could be. That is when I came apon a few forums of people talking about the solar flares and thier affects...ahhh, all I know is that something is changing and I am definitely feeling it. Seems to happen at the same time every day...about 9 am to noon...and that is usually the BEST part of my day...not anymore.
I HAVE found though, after much research...that the solar flares have slowed down the last few days and I really have been feeling better. I sure am hoping I am not crazy. It seems that I have changed from a morning person, to an evening person in the last three weeks Makes no sense at all
IS IT EFFECTING YOUR VESTIBULAR? DO HAVE WEAKNESS AS WELL?

lazyday

Power Conserver
Reaction score
Sorry, didn't relise I had the caps on.

MorelCabin

Quilting Extraordinaire
Reaction score
Nope, I can still lift a hundred pound stubborn dog into the back of a pick up truck and feel fine afterwards :D And if I really focus on something like painting I feel normal as ever. Some of the dizzy is caused by panic over thinking I'm going to feel dizzy now. Like at this point I am fine all day unless I have to go to town and then just thinking about it will make me feel dizzy because I have gained a kind of 'social anxiety' from this whole experience. Ahhh, see...part of it IS craziness LOL!

Beekissed

Mountain Sage
Reaction score
The dizziness I have had is not a bit like inner ear problems or high blood pressure issues or anything of that nature. It's more like the earth is just tilting under my feet...even if I am just sitting on the couch and not moving my head, I have the sensation of the world moving around me. Weird stuff...never had anything like it before.

It is very much like when one was little and spun around in a circle until the otoliths in the inner ear were moving/spinning....remember that feeling of staggering around and falling after the spinning? It's just like that.