BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
ksalvagno said:
Sorry you had to cull your chicken and then not get anything from it. I was one of those people that wanted to let everything live and try and save everything but now I have changed my mind about that. Now animals are going to have to earn their keep and as our pets die, they won't be replaced. Of course we will always have a couple of dogs but that is protection so I guess even they are earning their keep a bit.
Thats how Im getting except with the rabbits because they started as pets but any new does I add they are subject to culling like the poultry. I do alot for the chickens and she didnt give back so she had to go. That rabbit still hasnt had her babies but she held those last ones in until the 35th day SO there is still hope if not it s the end of the world they werent planned anyway.

justusnak

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
You should have used her for soup! Doesnt take a lot of meat to make a good chicken and noodle.....yummm. Way to go on culling her tho. I need to get a little more strict on my hens as well. :/

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
justusnak said:
You should have used her for soup! Doesnt take a lot of meat to make a good chicken and noodle.....yummm. Way to go on culling her tho. I need to get a little more strict on my hens as well. :/
Yeah I probably should have made soup from her but anyway she is culled and the flock is MUCH BETTER for it.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Im going bowling tonight with the family!! Talk to you guys tommorow!!
I got 12 eggs again! :woot

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I culled the chicken. I didnt eat her either because as I was skinning her I felt around and there was NO meat on her thighs and very little on her breast and I thought FORGET this.........
soup would have been good, though... :old

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
BarredBuff said:
I culled the chicken. I didnt eat her either because as I was skinning her I felt around and there was NO meat on her thighs and very little on her breast and I thought FORGET this.........
x2 Bad farm practice little bro! You put a lot of time/money/effort into those birds. No wasting ;) She'd have made some great stock if nothing else, and/or dog food even!!

FarmerJamie

Mr. Sensitive
Reaction score
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
BarredBuff said:
x2 Bad farm practice little bro! You put a lot of time/money/effort into those birds. No wasting ;) She'd have made some great stock if nothing else, and/or dog food even!!
:lol:

I was going to say "waste not, want not" :old

Thanks pal!

Wannabefree

Little Miss Sunshine
Reaction score
FarmerJamie said:
Wannabefree said:
FarmerJamie said:
:lol:

I was going to say "waste not, want not" :old

Thanks pal!
No problem :lol: