BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

Corn Woman

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
Smoked turkey oh yes. My DD who lived in Memphis for 4 years was missing a good smoked turkey so she ordered one. :drool DH loves to smoke just about anything and turkey is at the top of that list.
BTW BB my little bantam is still at it but I keep taking her off the nest several times a day. Also a friend of mine a says to never touch any pink parts after handling hot peppers. :lol:

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
I like smoked turkey - it reminds me of ham :drool It was real popular when I lived in TX, but up here they're hard to come by. Guess I'll have to wait until DH gets a smoker set up before I get to have it again. I wonder if smoked chicken is any good? I've never had that.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I'd say it'd be good SS.

I am getting ready to get my clothes on for church. I fed early tonight, and I had to redo the watering setup. I finally witnessed where all the water goes, the Geese :rolleyes: So I set up the kiddie pool for them to bathe in, a black fortex pan for them to drink in, and two gallon waterers for the chickens. Then I fed the critters. The rabbit should be kindling any day now. They appear to have started to dig out a nest in the bedding. :fl B/c sometimes my rabbits can be oppossums. :p

Also got some fresh bedding out for the meaties. Then got on the horn with my cousin and chatted with him for a while. Gran got a call from my family whose brother killed himself (see the Bible study thread for further explanation) and we got the arrangements for the visitation and funeral. :/ He was a homesteader too...

Now I must get ready and go sing God's praises! :weee

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
We went to the visitation tonight :/ It was sad.

Tomorrow is the funeral, and I am a pallbearer (first time, pray for me). Thats really all thats happened today, the weather is nasty and wet. Now I think I'm gonna go and do a little Bible study.....

heatherlynnky

Power Conserver
Reaction score
BarredBuff said:
I'd say it'd be good SS.

I am getting ready to get my clothes on for church. I fed early tonight, and I had to redo the watering setup. I finally witnessed where all the water goes, the Geese :rolleyes: So I set up the kiddie pool for them to bathe in, a black fortex pan for them to drink in, and two gallon waterers for the chickens.

Now I must get ready and go sing God's praises! :weee
We use one of those low but long water troughs but put a plastic lattice that is strapped down over it. They can get to the water but chickens can not fall in and geese and ducks cannot go swimming( much to their frustration). Also simplifies our watering process and I never worry they will run out.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Interesting, may have to look into that. :)

Well, I didn't get to my Bible yet, I remembered I got my pictures printed today. I got my stuff together to send in an article to Back Home Magazine. Lets hope :fl

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
BIG NEWS! :weee

I am going to be interviewed on Backwoods Home's radio show :weee :weee :weee :weee :weee :ya :ya :ya :ya

I can't believe it :th

Praises and glory to the living God!!! For he has multiplied my blessings!! :bow :bow :bow :celebrate

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Beekissed said:
:woot BB, I'm so impressed and so happy for you! I didn't know they had a radio show.... :celebrate
Thanks, Bee. :hugs I have never listened to it, but I knew of it. I never, would have dreamed of that! So blessed!

SSDreamin

Almost Self-Reliant
Reaction score
:celebrate BB! And so it begins.... :D Please remember us 'little people', won't ya?!! That's just so cool - I wonder if I can listen online or something? I want to tune in to hear ya!!! :ya:ya:ya

:hugs So proud of you! :)