BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
They did a think on Myth Busters on that. Their conclusion? It's not the turkey, but the amount of food you eat. I don't know if I agree w/that or not. :hu

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I don't agree with that because I didn't eat more than what I would normally at suppertime. Less quantity, more variety. But we are just homesteaders, what do we know? :p

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
the only times i get REALY sleepy after eating is when i have turkey or chinese.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
the funny farm6 said:
the only times i get REALY sleepy after eating is when i have turkey or chinese.
This year we slow roasted it overnight and it was AMAZING :weee

Denim Deb

Reaction score
Hubby smoked a turkey over the summer. It was great. :drool

Denim Deb

Reaction score
We have one of those grills that is a gas grill, charcoal grill and a smoker all in one. So, he did it in there. We didn't have turkey for Thanksgiving, we had a beef rib roast he did in the smoker. Right now, we have 2 smaller turkeys in the freezer. I'm thinking I'll cook one for Christmas, then do the other one in the smoker during the summer.

the funny farm6

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
smoked turkey is YUMMY!!

you can get an inexpencive smoker at wal mart. my dad used to smoke turkeys, fish, chicken, and such. he had a big homemade smoker and smoked for other people. i am looking for and OLD metal refrigerater, and we are going to put it on the edge of the gully and put the smoke box kinda under it. and it would alredy have racks. but havent found an old refrig yet.