BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I am doing much better today. I still have a nagging cough and minor head congestion. However, I haven't ran a fever today and feel pretty good. I had a great day at work, and got to get a few little jobs done at home this evening.

The gator servicing crusade is still going on. Battery is changed, fuel is drained, and air filter components are changed. I still need to change the oil, and oil filter. Then change the fuel filter, and replace the thermostat. Hopefully, this weekend I can knock that out.

I need the elder berry syrup. I can do without the fireball... I'd probably puke.

sumi

Rest in Peace 1980-2020
Reaction score
I'm loving these homemade remedies!

How are you doing now?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Thanks for sharing everyone.

I had a school trip Friday nigh and during the day on Saturday. I got home and was running a fever again. Plus while on the trip, I was nauseated and sick. Cough got worse.

After church, I went to the doctor again. I was tested for Mono, and it was negative. She diagnosed me with pneumonia. I got a steroid shot, and antibiotic shot with a prescription to treat the pneumonia. The nausea came from the first antibiotic.

I feel okay, but cough is worse and I am tired.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Today was good until my steroid wore off. I hit rock bottom at 1 o'clock. I am hung together with a thread tonight. I must work tomorrow though I am having a guest speaker.

I have started taking my new antibiotic, plus vitamin C and B. Then I started a Probiotic also because my gut will be tore up after all these medicines.

Otherwise, I am still kicking...

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
I'm not sure what to do really. I may use them for flowers in my garden this year. I'd like to plant peppers in them.

NH Homesteader

Sustainability Master
Reaction score
I am not fond of RIR either. I find them to be too aggressive. Every time I try a new chicken breed I'm disappointed because they're just not Dominiques. I think I'm just going to get a pile more of them. There's really nothing like a good dom.

Lazy Gardener

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
I also love Doms. IMO, every flock needs Doms and EE or Ams. I think the personalities of Doms and EE are a perfect blend together. I added some Buck Eyes to my flock, and am enjoying them. They have a nice Pea comb and lovely mahogany feather color. Good size also!