BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
We just throw rabbit in the crockpot and there ya go! Lol.

Do you have a rabbit that is easily frightened? Go out and try handling it, pick it up, etc. When it scratches your arm off and wraps it's grubbly little gaping maw around your finger hoping to fill it's massy guts, thus resulting in massive blood loss, run inside to your wife and insist that it must die.

At least that's always a good excuse for me.

(I'm innocent, really I am.)

In regards to freezing water, we always use plastic containers, ones that are high enough that they must reach their heads in to drink so that they don't litter in it. Then you can just bend the sides and pop out the ice when it's froze. :idunno

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
We just throw rabbit in the crockpot and there ya go! Lol.

Do you have a rabbit that is easily frightened? Go out and try handling it, pick it up, etc. When it scratches your arm off and wraps it's grubbly little gaping maw around your finger hoping to fill it's massy guts, thus resulting in massive blood loss, run inside to your wife and insist that it must die.

At least that's always a good excuse for me.

(I'm innocent, really I am.)

In regards to freezing water, we always use plastic containers, ones that are high enough that they must reach their heads in to drink so that they don't litter in it. Then you can just bend the sides and pop out the ice when it's froze. :idunno
Haha, do you have a journal?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
Blackbird said:
It's around here somewhere?? It might be on page two by now.
I like to follow someone elses if they follow mine.

Blackbird

Goat Whisperer
Reaction score
Yeah, it's on page two. I guess I don't post much. Being stuck in the city now I'm slacking.

lorihadams

Always doing laundry
Reaction score
We had rabbits but they were too small and too cute to eat ( I have a 3 and 5 yr old) so hubby let them go in the chicken/duck pen and I sold one. We still have one of the three original ones and she is a dwarf holland lop. She hops around outside and pretty much stays in the pen. She is a sweet bunny but I would love to do meat rabbits later on when the kids are older. We go rabbit hunting now and try to freeze some meat or make it into stew and then freeze that.

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
lorihadams said:
We had rabbits but they were too small and too cute to eat ( I have a 3 and 5 yr old) so hubby let them go in the chicken/duck pen and I sold one. We still have one of the three original ones and she is a dwarf holland lop. She hops around outside and pretty much stays in the pen. She is a sweet bunny but I would love to do meat rabbits later on when the kids are older. We go rabbit hunting now and try to freeze some meat or make it into stew and then freeze that.
My three adults are pets, but now their babies will probably be a different story atleast I hope.

the+blessed+life

Enjoys Recycling
Reaction score
WOW!
Great lookin' food and lots of it! How about that tomato soup recipe? I love to can, but don't have too much time with work and all. One thing I usually have lots of is tomatoes.