BarredBuff's Homesteading Shenanigans

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
wow what a cellar!! Right now I have all my canning crammed under the bed and over flowing my kitchen cabinets! :lol: I would love to have a set up like that!

Building a root cellar is on my wish list... But I doubt it will happen anytime soon :(

Denim Deb

More Precious than Rubies
Reaction score
I had the plans all drawn up for a pantry in the basement, gave it to my hubby, and I'm still waiting. It's on my list to do myself this winter. Then next year, I should be able to have some pics like that!

framing fowl

On a mission
Reaction score
Looks great BB! Question: how do you eat your chow chow? Instead of relish on a sandwich or what?

BarredBuff

El Presidente de Pollo
Reaction score
framing fowl said:
Looks great BB! Question: how do you eat your chow chow? Instead of relish on a sandwich or what?
Soup Beans, It is the best in those beans. Its not actually a root cellar, its the craw space. But used as a cellar. I will try and find that tomato soup recipe, Blessed Life.

FarmerChick

Super Self-Sufficient
Reaction score
hey

last picture, bottom shelf, farthest jar with white lid---what is that?
lol

I can't figure it out

CrimsonRose

Lovin' The Homestead
Reaction score
Wow sounds like a great plan! I have a lot of similar goals but mine may take a few years before I have our new place set up to produce food for us and the animals... Right now I'm just working on getting some food for us!

As for the sunflowers... What I did this year was got "DWARF SUNSPOT" SUNFLOWER~Seeds They make large heads like the mammoth but only grow 2 ft tall... and planted them in the flower beds I made around the house... Since our soil is so crappy they did bad this year but I'm going to rework the beds next spring and add loads of bunny poo and hope for a better crop of sunflowers... But since they are so compact they are easier to work into your landscaping so you don't have to hog up garden space with the huge tall mammoth ones...

k0xxx

Mr. Sunshine
Reaction score
We will keep your uncle in our prayers, and you also for a safe journey. Pleasant travels.